World Records?curious?

Damon W

Yeah, I'd say "Keep it" too, but it appears in TGS laws that you don't have to? So a lot of people would be instaf**ked by that.

Keep on-offs in the tuckage thread, this thread is for people who can sidehop properly. As a competition, it'd have to be UCI, no part of the bike other than tyres can touch the floor/object during the sidehop and the rider would have to stay on top and possibly jump off the other side or whatever, getting on is the objective of the move and jumping straight off the same side wouldn't be classable. It MUST be kept in a competition, thats the whole point of it.

nailed it...and beat me to it :(

yer goin up onto a wall, cos u dont have to think about puttin the bak end bak down for the landing

Obviously you know far more than me but I can't imagine the most important factor that makes a wall easier than a bar is the fact you dont have to think about putting your wheel down to land.

Surely it must be down to the fact you have to make some sideways distance (as above) and that you can't lever yourself up on the front wheel.

Phil

But "forward jump"? Please say thats not a gap to rear wheel, i think over 80% of this forum could double that.

nah, its a bunnyhop over a bar, going forwards not sideways. but still 94cm is ridiculously low. when i used to ride, and i was about 15, i had an azonic ds2, with judy xcs on the front, 32t bash etc. 8 gears on the back. and i was bunnyhopping 30" over a broomstale off fairly long grass. with probably a pretty gash technique. also at the same age, i could bunnyhop over the benches in the square in town. (standard kind of wooden benches) which must be well over 30", and had to clear the seat. (could do it both ways). also if i rode down me garden path, i could sometimes clear the fence at the end,and land on me wheels in the field(other times i couldnt clear the fence,and landed in the field, although not on my wheels - we now have a bit of a messy fence) but my point is, im sure i was hitting 85ish cm at times, at the age of 15, with a reasonably poor bike(i.e not geared to do that kind of thing,big dh tyres, loadsa extra weight etc) without really putting too much effort into that. surely someone in the world somewhere could well smash that now and be doing well over 1m +

surely someone in the world somewhere could well smash that now and be doing well over 1m +

I'm pretty sure that back in the day when Martyn Ashton held the record it was a record for 'bunny hop over a bar' and you were allowed to do it any way you wanted. At Bike 97 or whatever, Ashton would sidehop a barrier, and people like Steve Geall would have bunny hopped it. At that point they were quite evenly matched, even though Ashton got the record in the end. But I'm pretty sure Geally did 110cm or something.

I think a lot of those 'Biketrials world records' are a just one offs and could be easily beatable now. But no one has bothered.

I think a lot of those 'Biketrials world records' are a just one offs and could be easily beatable now. But no one has bothered.

that was kind of my point, surely right now, theres an idiot who still rides, setting up a little high jump out of 3 broomsticks, and tomorrow will be ringing the guiness book of records, to see how much it costs to have an adjudactor (sp?) come out and authenticate the attempt. at least i know if i still rode, that would be what id be doing right now.

canas isn't holding his back brake when he sidehops over a bar .whatt ??

i have the oppposite problem ,i can sidehop 1,28 m over a bar but always put a foot when i sidehop onto an obstacle...

Benito did 138 cm sidehop over a bar in Heubach ,Germany last week..mental

Surely someone in the world somewhere could well smash that now and be doing well over 1m +

'Highest bicycle bunny hop' (which officially was set by Dani Comas (Spain) when he cleared a bar at a height of 1.21 m on the set of Tous Les Records in Port Leucate, France on 23 July 2004).

I recently enquired about doing a 24" bunny hop record but they don't specify wheel size, it's just 'bicycle bunny hop'. :(

That's not even a question, of course you'd have to 'keep it'.

I personally think an on off should count when it comes to biggest sidehop.

I mean look at high jumpers, I'm not 100% sure on this but when high jumpers go over the bar they can clip it can't they but so long as the bar doesn't fall it still counts?

To be honest if it was made the rule that on-offs counted, and so long as both tyres were in contact with the top of the wall in some way, then it would count.

Yea you get people whose rear tyre's fold like mad on the rear, but think if you could land two wheels on the very very edge of the wall which ended up being an on-off, there would be more chance of the record being pushed further and broken.

Or perhaps it could be done as two seperate records; biggest on-off sidehop, biggest sidehop held.

I mean look at high jumpers, I'm not 100% sure on this but when high jumpers go over the bar they can clip it can't they but so long as the bar doesn't fall it still counts?
That's the same as the current 'sidehop over a bar'

To be honest if it was made the rule that on-offs counted, and so long as both tyres were in contact with the top of the wall in some way, then it would count.
Well, yeah!

If you make it the rule that it counts, then of course it counts! :P

I personally think an on off should count when it comes to biggest sidehop.

Yea you get people whose rear tyre's fold like mad on the rear, but think if you could land two wheels on the very very edge of the wall which ended up being an on-off, there would be more chance of the record being pushed further and broken.

Or perhaps it could be done as two seperate records; biggest on-off sidehop, biggest sidehop held.

lol they may clip the bar but they still end up on the opposite side of it, they dont come back down. On-offs are gay and pointlessFULLSTOP

Here are some records I have seen in videos/heard from people who were there, and the people that did them.

Side - 56" - Damon

Tap - 60.6" - Aurelien

Hook - 72" - Gilles (first try too)

Gap - 10ft - A number of people

By the way, on-offs do NOT count. Any top rider, if they get on to something but then have to pop back off, they get very angry, me included. There is no satisfaction in getting wheels on to something, unless I can stay on it and continue a line. (Y)