9th Largest Cycling Website In The Uk

Danny

I'm going to assume you're unaware that British Cycling is the umbrella organisation that represents all the UK's different fields of cycling, e.g. track cycling, MTBing, even trials to some extent. You can't race/compete at a serious level in virtually any discipline in MTBing without a BC license.

you know, TF t-shirts might rake in a bit of money...

Yeah there was a big thread on this a while ago. Main reason it wouldn't happen is the majority agreed (including tomturd) that having a bike forum URL on a tee shirt is well..... shit (doubly shite if you have some joke that nobody except TF members get). Nobody's proud of the fact they come on the forum to chat about bikes with no seats, an you don't want to be explaining it to some honey down the club because what we do isn't regarded as normal to everyone else.

Congrats to Tom an Danny on the award though. :turned:

Yeah there was a big thread on this a while ago. Main reason it wouldn't happen is the majority agreed (including tomturd) that having a bike forum URL on a tee shirt is well..... shit

all depends on how its done

2477701451_9f3b22640c.jpg

take that, for example. Took me about 5 mins :lol:(the grey circles aren't in the right place, imo) , but its just to show, if you made the T-shirt itself cool enough, it doesn't matter if it has the URL on or not. In fact, the t-shirt doesn't necessarily need Trials Forum written on it anywhere. If the shirt's used to catch more users, then yes it does, but if the shirt is bought by people who belong to TF, then all that matters is that they bought it to support Trials Forum, and that they know the only place you can get the shirt from is TF, making it a Trials Forum shirt regardless of whether the URL is on it or not. Anyway, if there was to be a proper t-shirt designing thingy, it would need proper moderating, so only entries could be posted, and then the voting would be done in stages if there are many t-shirts.

• 2 months later...
out of interest, does it give you the full list?

what were the top 3? I know what my guys tell me, I just wondered whether it was the same for yours...

In april it was

1 (dont know - any ideas?)

2 chainreactioncycles

3 bikeradar

4 evans

5 pinkbikes

We only get told our position now, so I couldn't tell you more up to date stats without paying £800 odd a year for the reports.

That looks very similar to the list i get, where cyclingweekly.co.uk comes in at 6th - but that should have moved up hugely after last month with the tour de france and our bbc coverage. £800 for a forum is out of the question clearly, although I can understand why the big shops what to know the info.

Congrats on 9th place again!

Ermmm, random guess here, but I'd say Halfords was at the top. Although it depends how its all judged? Is it strictly bikes ONLY, or part bike like the bikehut page on halfords?

But I suppose then you'd have decathlon and all that crap?

Ermmm, random guess here, but I'd say Halfords was at the top. Although it depends how its all judged? Is it strictly bikes ONLY, or part bike like the bikehut page on halfords?

But I suppose then you'd have decathlon and all that crap?

Almost certainly not Halfords by any stretch. Most people who would shop at halfords will just go in there because their whole customer base shares a brain cell anyway. Plus I dont really think their site would count as a cycling website anyway.

Almost certainly wiggle.co.uk as #1