My Orange Bike

David Biddle™

yer boy, its funny how loads of people were criticizing how weak its going to be few months back.. now they seem to be everywhere. that one looks good too.

how are you finding your bar and stem set up?

im running thomson x4 110mm and onza carbon bars, though i've been advised to get a longer and higher rise bar or high rise stem.

steve

yer boy, its funny how loads of people were criticizing how weak its going to be few months back.. now they seem to be everywhere. that one looks good too.

how are you finding your bar and stem set up?

im running thomson x4 110mm and onza carbon bars, though i've been advised to get a longer and higher rise bar or high rise stem.

steve

My bar and stem setup seems ok i have had to put a few stem spacers to lift it up cuse of the low geo of the ZOO! stem and exstended my bars to 29 from 27

Mine feels really street cuse of the stem and bars (how i like my bike to feel) so i would say go for some riser bars and maby a simtra stem

Yeah looks good but I prefered your old one.

Why did you change?

Had alot of problems with the other frame getting the right setup also i picked this up very cheap aswell ;)

The other frame is for sale (frame, dob wheelset, echo pure forks, hope or tryall stem, echo low riser or fsa downhill bars) all for £200

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried riding with the bars back a bit more? I know when I got my monty bars I had them forward (like yours) and when I pulled them back a bit it helped no end with bunnyhops and general control. You might find you don't need those extra spacers if you do but regardless, i'd be pulling them back so your back sweep is actually back sweep...

Have you tried riding with the bars back a bit more? I know when I got my monty bars I had them forward (like yours) and when I pulled them back a bit it helped no end with bunnyhops and general control. You might find you don't need those extra spacers if you do but regardless, i'd be pulling them back so your back sweep is actually back sweep...

I find it with the bars forward fine for bunny hops i think that at a wheelbase of 1070 its really nice for more street stuff but

the rise on the monty bars arnt to comfy compared to older bars i have had (Azonic and FSA DH bars) but saying that i have brought the bars

back a little and added some DOB forks aswell and i love it still got the spacers aswell.

I tried it without the spacers and found it a bit to low and i really dont want to spend money on a new stem.

Cheers for all the coments so far

Biddle

Edited by Biddle