Heatsink Pads

Synergy

I've ran both coust's and red pads both in cnc backings for quite a time now. I prefer the red's over the cousts, there's slightly more bite, louder honk hehe and great hold. The cnc backings are a must, they really improve braking like you wouldn't believe.....and look pimp too! I'd go for the reds. -Hugh

QUOTE (hugh_b @ May 1 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've ran both coust's and red pads both in cnc backings for quite a time now. I prefer the red's over the cousts, there's slightly more bite, louder honk hehe and great hold. The cnc backings are a must, they really improve braking like you wouldn't believe.....and look pimp too! I'd go for the reds. -Hugh

perfect youve pretty much answerd it all for me :) even included the noise ;) love it lol.

ill wait a bit see other ppls veiws also though, thanks :)

ive had cousts (normal backings) and had a go on HS reds (cnc backings) must say i do prefer the reds as they do give alot more bite and with my cousts i found that when you got past half way through the meat the quality of the pad just got worse meaning i was running tar etc

go for the reds mate

I've used both (had coust v-s front and rear, Red V's front and red Magura's rear) and I have to say - and steve's gonna hit me over the head with a block of pad material for this - I preferred the coust's on the front to the reds, only marginally, but on the rear, the red's are unbeatable.

Maybe its just me, I am currently trying out a magura on the front with echo urbans (brake mounted on the rear of the legs) with the reds so will see how that goes.

Either pad is a sound investment though.

Rich

I had a pair of reds. Didnt like them at all they didnt hold on a really harsh grind. mcinnes and David both have them aswell and they are the same.

Have no idea why to be honest. Mcinnes's ones have worn down fairly quickly aswell.

Oh and i ordered a pair of the christmas pads about 2 or 3 weeks ago now and still no sign of them.

Had both, preferred Cousts by a mile. They really are amazing pads.

It's funny how two riders can have exactly the opposite opinion about these.

Steve has been very busy lately, that's probably why you're not getting your pads as quickly as usual.

Steve's particularly busy this week with other commitments too - please remember that he has a full time job and family who need him too :)

I ordered a set of reds at the weekend, and although they're not here by yesterday (not seen the post today yet) I know 100% that they WILL arrive, and it won't be too long. Good things come to those who wait ;)

Having run both reds and cousts on a rear Ultimate vee, I can't really draw much of a line between them. The reds just sneak it I suppose, due to the price, but performance is pretty much equal from my own experiences.

i tried searching but im really after a comparison of how well they both work before i order.

you'll find this usefull........ heatsink thread..

there's more heatsink review from other users.

and to give you an idea, i went for the reds over coust with that poll, and not regretting it. it is a really good pad with good bite and noise, plus im running a DOB rim with half worn sharpness and it still works mint.

onllly weenie problem i had was 1 of the cnc backing wasn't machined properly so i did a bit of filing and smashing it fit the pad onto the cylinder..

steve

Steve's particularly busy this week with other commitments too - please remember that he has a full time job and family who need him too :)

I ordered a set of reds at the weekend, and although they're not here by yesterday (not seen the post today yet) I know 100% that they WILL arrive, and it won't be too long. Good things come to those who wait ;)

Having run both reds and cousts on a rear Ultimate vee, I can't really draw much of a line between them. The reds just sneak it I suppose, due to the price, but performance is pretty much equal from my own experiences.

I wasn't having a go at steve, I was just saying expect a bit of a wait.

Erm, looks like their might be a bit more of a wait than anticipated.

"Hi, Thanks for your email. I'm out of the office at the moment but will be back Sunday 4th of August. My apologies for this delay in service. Rest assured that I will be sending out extra free sweets with all outstanding orders! Thanks for your patience, and I'll get back to you the moment I return! Cheers, Steve"

Been trying to get in touch for about a week and just got this back from an e-mail I just sent... :ermm:

Rich

well i have been running coust in cnc backings for bout 5 months now they are imence and i still have over three quarters of the pad left they have great hold bite and sound what ever the weather.

but my m8 ran reds in cnc backings and he hated them they slipped in the wet they dent work at all due to this he only had them for bout a month and bout 4 grinds later lol.

hope this helps

chapy.

"Hi, Thanks for your email. I'm out of the office at the moment but will be back Sunday 4th of August. My apologies for this delay in service. Rest assured that I will be sending out extra free sweets with all outstanding orders! Thanks for your patience, and I'll get back to you the moment I return! Cheers, Steve"

Been trying to get in touch for about a week and just got this back from an e-mail I just sent... :ermm:

Rich

august hmmmmm maybe order some different pads then lol :)

Rich

Had the same response when i tried to contact him. Weird that he didn't mension it in a topic.

There are a limited supply of HS pads atm, Currently available pads are: CNC Reds (Magura), CNC Coust (VEE), Snowy, Blueberry pads, and X-mas pads.

Steve@Heatsink have gone on holiday for 4 Months, so supplies for heatsink products will be limited will August. So if you are desperately needing some new pads (Or any other HSB products) be quick before they sell out.

Thanks

Dan@Trials-uk

There are a limited supply of HS pads atm, Currently available pads are: CNC Reds (Magura), CNC Coust (VEE), Snowy, Blueberry pads, and X-mas pads.

Steve@Heatsink have gone on holiday for 4 Months, so supplies for heatsink products will be limited will August. So if you are desperately needing some new pads (Or any other HSB products) be quick before they sell out.

Thanks

Dan@Trials-uk

whould it be possible to cancel my order and order a set from T-UK?

QUOTE (hugh_b @ May 1 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aluminum backings do not actually increase power. They might feel "better", but power applied to the rim via HS-33 does not change. And no, a little bit of flex in a backing is not significant enough to even be measureable difference.