Giant Trials Bikes 2008

mr_malcolm

i rember a while ago someone posted some pics of them on here they looked quite nice and im a big giant fan 2 of my 3 bikes are made by giant.

i was woundering if anybody knows anywhere that you can order them from.

i cant find anything anywhere on the net at the moment

thats such a shame :(

i found a link to the bike i mean i think it migh be an07 model not 08 but still

here it is

http://www.giant.co.jp/giant08/bike_datail...;action=outline

theres a place near me that claim to import anything i may have to go talk to them soon.

good luck dude, it would be one of a kind.....

such a shame, they stopped importing them into the big UK trials scenes because the unsuccessful 05/06 model which was crap. they forgot how good the previous ones they made were! 08 would have been a good hit i reckon with a fair price point, i won't mind having to say the least.

steve

fingers crossed i may have to go have a talk with this company that claims to import anything tomorow and see what they reackon on price and chance of getting it etc.

then its time to save :)

just found a currancy converter and thats about £965

wounder if there is any way of getting just the frame imported not the whole thing?

Edited by mr_malcolm

to me it looks really bad anyway. it looks like its going backwards to me in terms of frame design

how exactly? its not like its got 1" head tube.

just because a frame has a higher stand over height compared to most frames on the market doesn't mean its going backwards, its just designed for a different style of riding, ie natural and not TGS riding..

not sure if its still V mount or maggy mounts now, but seems like V's are fairly popular amongst many trials riders these days so even if it stays V mount its not going 'backwards'

steve

Edited by Steve Tse

how exactly? its not like its got 1" head tube.

just because a frame has a higher stand over height compared to most frames on the market doesn't mean its going backwards, its just designed for a different style of riding, ie natural and not TGS riding..

not sure if its still V mount or maggy mounts now, but seems like V's are fairly popular amongst many trials riders these days so even if it stays V mount its not going 'backwards'

steve

for a start there is no type of trials riding which can benefit from a high stand over and your examples of riding are way off tgs and natural are the same but on different terrain maybe this bike would be good for streety type riding but at the end of the day you may aswell get a 24inch trials or a street frame which insedently will likely be half the price and alot tougher

for a start there is no type of trials riding which can benefit from a high stand over and your examples of riding are way off tgs and natural are the same but on different terrain maybe this bike would be good for streety type riding but at the end of the day you may aswell get a 24inch trials or a street frame which insedently will likely be half the price and alot tougher

punctuations? :mellow:

anyway. maybe my examples aren't great, but it doesn't mean this frame design is going backwards.

geometry is pretty generic trials geo anyway, 1065/385/72/+20mm.

so back to the point - how is this frame design going backwards? care to explain?

steve

to be fair i dont mind a high stand over, im over 6ft so really doesnt affect me to much, and im not a big fan of high bb's.

i mainly want this frame because i like the way the giant that i have rides and i like to have something slightly different.