Magura Hs33 Brakes

RITE!!!

I NEED HELP...WHEN ITS TIME FOR ME TO RE-BLEED MY HS33'S SOME PEOPLE TELL ME USE THE MAGURA BLOOD, BUT SOME PEOPLE SAY USE WATER....IS IT SAFE??? WHAT DO YOU THINK???

THANKS BEN :)

If you want a better brake I would go for water.

From my experience water has been the best.

It is more responcive then a oil bleed, And alot nicer.(My opion)

Water bleed may break the seal's in your brake thow. But it is'nt very common of people doing that.

My friend has had a water bleed for about 3 years now and nothing has gone wrong.

Alot easier to bleed as well, Because they is like a 1/10,000 chance of getting air in your brake if you do a bath bleed, Which is also good.

It is completly up to you what you do, But I would do a water bleed.

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

yeah both are fine to use, water probably better as it gives you a better lever pull and such like but if you want to you fluid that is fine to but i would go for water and add a little aint freeze i know that it is no winter any more but it can still get cold enough for your brakes to freeze so add some just for saftly. (Y)

hope i helped

Craig :)

ive always used water in my brakes and ive had no problems with it.

actually wait in the summer when it is quite hot i found it to be a little spongier

if you dont use your brake for a long period like my brother it will eventually seize the insides of it

he needed a whole new lever body but thats after not using it for like 6-7 months

but other than that water is better than oil in my opinoin and cheaper :P

reece

RITE!!!

I NEED HELP...WHEN ITS TIME FOR ME TO RE-BLEED MY HS33'S SOME PEOPLE TELL ME USE THE MAGURA BLOOD, BUT SOME PEOPLE SAY USE WATER....IS IT SAFE??? WHAT DO YOU THINK???

THANKS BEN :)

Well i thinks its best to be safe with Magura blood but when you use it,it compresses and then you get less power from your brake so if you want some great braking power i would buy a mini service kit

and bleed then yourself

Ryan

I use water and it's by far better/cheaper/easier than using Magura Blood.

When i first got my brake it was already bled with blood. After a while, i decided to re-bleed it using water, and it felt so much better.

It's a lot more responsive, as i found the blood to be a bit spongy.

The only down side, as already mentioned, is the fact that it freezes during the winter.

I've never tried bleeding with anti-freeze, but it sounds like too much hassle to be honest. I just used a hairdryer if it's frozen. It's a bit more effort but it saves time and money bleeding with anti-freeze(and you don't have to bleed your brake according to the weather).

Basically, what I'm saying is, stick with water.

I use water and it's by far better/cheaper/easier than using Magura Blood.

When i first got my brake it was already bled with blood. After a while, i decided to re-bleed it using water, and it felt so much better.

It's a lot more responsive, as i found the blood to be a bit spongy.

The only down side, as already mentioned, is the fact that it freezes during the winter.

I've never tried bleeding with anti-freeze, but it sounds like too much hassle to be honest. I just used a hairdryer if it's frozen. It's a bit more effort but it saves time and money bleeding with anti-freeze(and you don't have to bleed your brake according to the weather).

Basically, what I'm saying is, stick with water.

Why not just stick with the lube or whatever that magura has on their website? You know, the official product for another official product? Thats what I would do anyways.