Gcse Project

Barbara Logan-Price

yo

I'm in the final stages of making my deck in school just wondering what you think.

the design so far has been woodburned on using a soldering iron takes ages :|

skateboardny7.jpg

thats it so far

dsc01849tc3.jpg

dsc01850pc8.jpg

thats the mould i made to make the board.

so what you think

cheers

Alex

Edited by Alex_davies

I remember when i started a sort of craze in year 7/8 by making a little tech deck out of perspex, bending the tips up, and whacking on some grip tape.

Was quite fun ^_^

Presumably was a terrible skateboard though?

I was under the impression that skateboard decks had certain characteristics that made them good - like a nice amount of pop, springiness etc? Surely a perspex one (even if it didn't immediately break) would be rubbish?

Presumably was a terrible skateboard though?

I was under the impression that skateboard decks had certain characteristics that made them good - like a nice amount of pop, springiness etc? Surely a perspex one (even if it didn't immediately break) would be rubbish?

I think he means a little finger board :rolleyes:

haven't tested it yet :ermm:

and to the guy who asked how i made it 7 thin sheets of ply pressed down with clamps in the mould i made.

the nose and tail are a little un curved but meh it wont lose me marks and it will give me something to write about int the evaluation :D

edit: and pete former nwbt ;):P

Edited by Alex_davies

edit: and pete former nwbt ;):P

you're such a bitch

Looks good stuff though, what else you got to do? Do you have to complelty build it up too and test it?

Good method, I used the same to make a partz tray which turned into a coin tray :P

Skateboard decks aren't flat, the entire deck is concave.

delam_o_rama.jpg

Good example there after a few google searches.

Ignore the fact the laminate is splitting, we're talking about the fact that the edges of the deck are higher than the centre.

I assume it is, because of the blocks of wood you have in the centre of the press.

Edited by JonMack

thats really cool :) i made a toolbox with acrylic box and perspex opening with gas struts lid i got a b for my work i think

i made a mini skatebord but then got told off i would show every one but the teacher threw it away lol

Edited by tryabean

• 3 weeks later...