Frame Choices.

mcinnes

Well..... i recently cracked my Echo Lite 08 and Tarty won't give me a replacement but will take off £115 of the frame i next buy. But i can't decide between GU ST or GU TP. So i was wondering which one you would suggest would take the most punnishment and which rides best.

Any help will be appreciated.

Well..... i recently cracked my Echo Lite 08 and Tarty won't give me a replacement but will take off £115 of the frame i next buy
Can I ask why you feel Tarty should be replacing your frame for you?

May be a standard warranty claim, but that came across really badly (not helped by the fact I've just woken up :P)

If it was a fault in workmanship/materials, and within the warranty period, then yeah I suppose you may be able to get a new frame (this would be ultimately down to Deng or whoever deals with it though, as opposed to Ads) but if it was outside the time (6/12 months I think, don't quote me on that) or down to abuse (trials use!) on your part...

If you hadn't managed to break the lite, I'd say get a Monty

Bring back the short mods people!

Can I ask why you feel Tarty should be replacing your frame for you?

May be a standard warranty claim, but that came across really badly (not helped by the fact I've just woken up :P)

If it was a fault in workmanship/materials, and within the warranty period, then yeah I suppose you may be able to get a new frame (this would be ultimately down to Deng or whoever deals with it though, as opposed to Ads) but if it was outside the time (6/12 months I think, don't quote me on that) or down to abuse (trials use!) on your part...

If you hadn't managed to break the lite, I'd say get a Monty

Bring back the short mods people!

I've only had the frame for four months and it did crack on the weld, so i thought it may have been a manufacturing fault. But I must admit it has taken a fair bit of punishment.

I've only had the frame for four months and it did crack on the weld, so i thought it may have been a manufacturing fault. But I must admit it has taken a fair bit of punishment.

you only get warranty for a month or so and also for th wwarranty to be valid im sure a proper bike shot has to build it up with a reciept to gurantee the work.

for th wwarranty to be valid im sure a proper bike shot has to build it up with a reciept to gurantee the work.

We built the bike...

It's been really hammered, sorry, possibly the worst condition frame we've ever had returned - this is why we offered to help out with the half price replacement/credit.

We built the bike...

It's been really hammered, sorry, possibly the worst condition frame we've ever had returned - this is why we offered to help out with the half price replacement/credit.

I am greatful for half price replacement. Any suggestion how to improve riding and keep the frame intact ??

Any suggestion how to improve riding and keep the frame intact ??

If you know your not going to make something stick your feet out and stop it? I used to f**k up every frame i got, but just try being a bit more respectfull and loving of your bike an it will come :) I like the look of the TP

Sounds like you killed it, Tarty are good enough to offer any discount at all.

Was it the maggy version? A few of the 08s have gone on the chainstays, but I havn't heard of an 08 disc cracking yet.

Echo lites supposedly a comp frame anyway, not ment for landing on the chainstay/down tube constantly but meh, whats the point in trying to improve and being scared of batterin ur frame.

Matx

Edited by Mat Smith!

I wouldn't say McInnes battered his echo that much to be honest. My pythons probably been thrashed a lot more. Maybe us Inverness riders are just too hard on our bikes :ermm: .

Selective hearing ?

:-