Kelly Farm Sunday

kelly farm trials

I thought it was a good comp. Some really nice sections, and a great turn out in elite, think there was everyone one of britians best riders there.

I rode terrible on my first lap, couldnt get into it, but i picked it up on my second lap to finish the day off well, still could of done better, but was a huge improvement.

This was the first comp i have ever been to and there hasnt been a call for observors at the start haha, got there and it was all sorted, history made!

Scott

The trial was ok, thank god the rain held off, my day was crushed by a big crash on me second section but i made up having the best lap of the trial with a lap of 5 points on the second lap. two laps like that would have done nicely, and i wanna say nice one to Ben Slinger putting two Atomz bikes on the podium and hopefully soon when the new bikes come a few other things will happen too. Was good to see a few familiar faces and a few that i haven't seen in a long time not sure if i will do any of the other rounds though will have to flip a coin again..... :lol:

best comp I have entered for a while! :)

some of the sections were pretty long, some good fitness was needed. I heard Andrei did some quick times, but he's always fast! I happy to have gotten out of every section and cleaning most of the long ones too! Ended up 3 dabs off Andrei (I think) and 4 dabs off slinger in 3rd place! Was a pretty close trial.

caught a cool crab at the sea too, hopfully stan will post some pics!

What a great start to the British Championship season - as ever a great venue, ten good sections and after last years rain and cancelled event, the weather was kind to us!!! Observed on section 10 and was impressed yet again with the standard of riding we have in this Country - well done all and to those who didnt come you missed an excellent trial.

Dave B

hi all,

glad the rain held off , really enjoyed the trial could have rode better, only grumble is 20" and 26" should have seperate classes , dont agree with them being in as one.

james s.

I agree- that is quite a strange one. I take it the top 3 in elite were all on 26" then James Hyland on 20"?

Trial looked pretty good to me....although I would say that! Gutted that I was only able to observe.

One thing that is really coming apparent from watching last weeks trial at Hook Woods and the one today, is just how good the UK riders really are now. We are right up there. Good to see everyone putting in the work into their riding and improving all the time.

Saw some awesome rides today too, but the one that stands out for me was James Hyland cleaning section 5. Apparently he did it both laps, but I only saw it on lap 2. The move he pulled for that enormous gap up, was awesome!

Well done to all those who took part. Hope to see you at the next one

Was a good weekend, me and Ali were down in Torquay by 11pm Friday night. Met some local riders on the sea front by chance and then rode a bit of street etc. The weather was awesome on Saturday and decent on Sunday.

For the Trial, there was a big turn out in Elite riders, most I've seen in the UK!

I was happy I cleaned 3 or 4 of the 10 sections, rode really good in the ones I cleaned. With the others I had some bad luck, kept getting right to the end of them and then 5'ing or doing stupid things >_< I also got a b*****d puncture too and had a few good crashes haha.

Was a fun weekend!

Thanks to the observers! Also thanks to all the organisers, was well done I thought.

Edited by Stan Shaw

yer good old kelly farm sections, i always seem to get close to the end and either run out of time or fall off because im so worn out! the sections were long and hard. i was happy with cleaning a couple of them but the rest of my riding was the worst, and i punctured too, lol.

was some big drops in them sections too glad i lived to ride another day, lol

big thanks to organisers, observers and i big well done to all you guys who thrashed me! lol

rob

A huge thanks to all who attended yesterday to make our 1st round a huge success. We may not have had a huge entry list but we certainly got all the best riders in the UK turning out. And for the first time ever a full compliment of observers without any pressure special thanks to you all ,Thanks you all for all your support and kind comments. It really was a pleasure this weekend

I thought it was a good comp. Some really nice sections, and a great turn out in elite, think there was everyone one of britians best riders there.

I rode terrible on my first lap, couldnt get into it, but i picked it up on my second lap to finish the day off well, still could of done better, but was a huge improvement.

This was the first comp i have ever been to and there hasnt been a call for observors at the start haha, got there and it was all sorted, history made!

Scott

Cheers scott! :(

yeah cheers Scott, oh no wait i was there... I thought it was a good trial, some sections had massive moves and some were really long which meant you had to really think bout every move and get it done fast and on to the next one. I'm looking forward to the next round now at Portland now

Nick

Edited by Nick G