Fat Pants: Epic Win, Or Epic Fail?

Fixed Pants™

FFS! I'm not you! I'm getting seriously pissed off with people saying that they hated it, i'm still more than enjoying Halfords with shitty bikes, and considering i'm going to Evans who sell bikes upwards of 2 grand, i don't think i'll have the problem of cheese bolts.

Why are you asking for peoples opinions then if you're not taking into consideration what they're saying?

ive just finished college , started a year late and to be honest i hated it, hated the people more than anything and how generic everything seemed.

either way im going to man met hoepfully and doing business management just playing the easy life for the next 4 years.

i really wouldn't know what else to do, i used to consider the army but wouldn't fight for something i don't believe in like the made up "war on terror" pftt.

My brother did a very similar thing to you FatPants.

A typical boy of your age, got a full-time job in a shop and stayed there for 2 years. Hated every minute of it. He's now realised that he wants to make something of his life so is going back to college, having to pay over £1000 per year for a 3 year course. I'm 20 and my brother's 22, yet i'm now over-taking him in education, in a sense.

Do what you want, makes no difference to any of us. But don't come complaining 2 years down the line because the penny has finally dropped. It's just irritating to listen to

p.s. an ELECTRIC garage....words can not describe my jealousy! (FatPants could have an ELECTRIC garage if he didn't throw the next few years away)

Right. I come out of Year 11 with these GCSE results:

R.E - U

I.C.T - U

Science single award - F

German - E

English - D

English Literature - U

Product Design (D+T) - C

Leisure and Tourism double award - G G

Mathematics - E

at UNI im taking "Structual engineering"...

Just scan-read your post and picked out the above points. This isn't a dig, but what the f**k? I'm at the stage now (A-levels) doing my UCAS forms etc, and I'd say thats pretty far fetched thinking you'll be accepted into university 'x' when you have a C to show for 11 years of schooling? Having spoken to a few university representatives, they refer to anything C or above as 'a pass'.

Correct me if I'm completely wrong though? Like I said I'm not having a dig, I'm quite interested in how your planning on going about it.

Totally understand the BTEC first and national diploma bits, I think if you pull off both of those you'll be doing well, as the national diploma is equivalent to 3 A-levels.

Just scan-read your post and picked out the above points. This isn't a dig, but what the f**k? I'm at the stage now (A-levels) doing my UCAS forms etc, and I'd say thats pretty far fetched thinking you'll be accepted into university 'x' when you have a C to show for 11 years of schooling? Having spoken to a few university representatives, they refer to anything C or above as 'a pass'.

Correct me if I'm completely wrong though? Like I said I'm not having a dig, I'm quite interested in how your planning on going about it.

Totally understand the BTEC first and national diploma bits, I think if you pull off both of those you'll be doing well, as the national diploma is equivalent to 3 A-levels.

Depends on the uni for 1

and 2 unis looks at A-levels/Alevel equivilents.... So aslong as you get the B-techs etc. there shouldnt be any issues? i think?

Go on then Glen do it, it will be great

Then in 2/3 years you can be posting the same shit we all have, "i hated fitting front wheels for a living" and then you can spend your time and effort to type out lots of good points and veiws, for the "new you" to totally discredit and f**k up their life as well (maybe not literally speaking)

Go on then Glen do it, it will be great

Then in 2/3 years you can be posting the same shit we all have, "i hated fitting front wheels for a living" and then you can spend your time and effort to type out lots of good points and veiws, for the "new you" to totally discredit and f**k up their life as well (maybe not literally speaking)

Pr0p3r Pwnd?

You WILL be taxed.. tit.

I know, i didn't say i won't be taxed, i said i wont pay COUNCIL TAX. TIT.

Nick, that's pretty rad. I think i'm gonna go to uni.

Larry, i can't remember myself, but i don't think i ever asked for peoples opinions? As stated, i said about the job and things lead to another and OBM made a thread for me.

Edited by Fat Pants™

Tom, i'm 16. I don't pay council tax, rent or for food, as guess what, I'm living at home! I spend a maximum of 150 quid on clothes every 2-3 months, and only plan on giving my mum around 200 quid a month, because she'll be losing 300 quid from child benefits (single parent, don't start on pikey stuff etc)

I'm also not planning on staying there for more than 2/3 years so i'm not bothered about promotion.

= your post loses.

f**king bullshit. Every day you do another post about how you're f**ked off your mum won't give you £££s so you can:

Buy a new lens.

Buy a new bike.

Buy a BMX.

Go to X.

Do Y.

There are so, so many posts where you do that. There's no way in hell you're going to save any of that money, you're just going to spank it out on whatever shit you think you "Need".

Tomm's post might "Lose", but you're the one brutally f**king yourself over.

FFS! I'm not you! I'm getting seriously pissed off with people saying that they hated it, i'm still more than enjoying Halfords with shitty bikes, and considering i'm going to Evans who sell bikes upwards of 2 grand, i don't think i'll have the problem of cheese bolts.

Be realistic. I sold a shitload of bikes in the time I was there 'cos it was too easy, and they were a max of about £400. You're going to be dealing with wank Dahon folding bikes that are mechanically shit, or you're going to be dealing with some generic shitty hybrids. Yeah, I know, you "Love working on bikes", but when you're doing it solidly for 40 hours a week (plus way more at Xmas time), it changes. 37 hours (minimum at Evans for full time?) hours is a shitload more than 9 hours, believe me.

Paragraph 1, Evans only pay minimum wage for part timers as far as i know, so that'd be pointless. And can i not get grants to help when it's not free? Is that not more logical?

Paragraph 2, enjoyment. I don't mind wasting 2 years of my life while i'm young and don't have many cares in the world, i'll havg at least 400 quid a month spare, sometimes up to 600 so i'm gonna be having fun. Then when i've had my fun, i'll go get a 'serious/normal' job. Cba to go to college now, i'm pissed off with school and need a nice long break :)

I've been doing 9 hours a week at Halfords, Wednesdays 5 till 8, Sundays 10 till 4.

You don't seem to get it - you can get grants now, which mean it is free. You won't get the same level of grants when you realise in two years time the massive, massive f**kup you made by working for one of the shittiest bike-related companies around that you need to go back to college so you can get any qualifications (Other than the amazing Cytech™©® qualification which of course everyone rates soooooo highly) that you'll need to get the "Boring" job you think you can just walk into.

You seem to have totally missed my point about wasting time when you're young, but I'll save my time now by letting hindsight point out to you what a f**king huge mistake you're making when you're older. Have fun.

I have no GCSEs, well none above D, and i'm at college studying media, but it sucks.

Once that's over I want a full time job in the local Evans. Will be full time for a while, until something else comes along.

Worked in Halfords for 2 years, and it was pretty good... then I left. haha.

Just go for it Glen, a lot of people have made a decent living with no qualifications.

f**king bullshit. Every day you do another post about how you're f**ked off your mum won't give you £££s so you can:

Buy a new lens.

Buy a new bike.

Buy a BMX.

Go to X.

Do Y.

There are so, so many posts where you do that. There's no way in hell you're going to save any of that money, you're just going to spank it out on whatever shit you think you "Need".

Tomm's post might "Lose", but you're the one brutally f**king yourself over.

Principal of 'i spend EVERY penny of my money' is a fair one, but that's because i only got 215 basic at Halfords, a month. I give my mum 35 quid a month cos my contract phone is in her name, and about 40-50 odd quid extra for money i've borrowed during the month, leaving me with 130 odd quid. I spend that on whatever i feel i want at the time and then leave 50 or so for the rest of the month for going out etc. I don't get enough money to save it, realistically. I'm going to be earning much more a month so theres a lot more space for saving, i'll also be getting EVERYTHING i can on trade which means even less spending, even possibly Vans trainers i can get on trade, which just leaves even more money to be saved.

Be realistic. I sold a shitload of bikes in the time I was there 'cos it was too easy, and they were a max of about £400. You're going to be dealing with wank Dahon folding bikes that are mechanically shit, or you're going to be dealing with some generic shitty hybrids. Yeah, I know, you "Love working on bikes", but when you're doing it solidly for 40 hours a week (plus way more at Xmas time), it changes. 37 hours (minimum at Evans for full time?) hours is a shitload more than 9 hours, believe me.

Yeah maybe most days they'll be <800 quid, but when i went for my trial day, a 1.6k race bike was being built, i built a rock hopper and also the same model race bike as the 1.6k one but a lower down version which was 700 odd. So it's not like i won't be working with ANY nice bikes.

Several times i have seen people talking about it like it's gonna be a life job and i'm gonna live off it etc, but i'm NOT gonna stay there for more than 2/3 years, it's purely an enjoyment job and i don't care about the fact i'll have to pay for college. I may even just go straight into an apprentiship with a business (of the 'trade' variety) instead of going to college, so i'll get paid a just about mediocre wage and get the skills etc while i earn.

Tomturd, that's a good way of looking at it. I'm not f**king up my life, i'm just delaying it's greatness in return for a bit of fun/enjoyment :)

Edited by Fat Pants™

You realise, once you've been working there for a year, an you come on here complaining about how much your life sucks. I will be the first one driving up to yours an taking a massive shit in your throat.

Please excuse my french.

You realise, once you've been working there for a year, an you come on here complaining about how much your life sucks. I will be the first one driving up to yours an taking a massive shit in your throat.

Please excuse my french.

Ahahahahaha! You lege :P

Please excuse my french.

right behind you....

Until you take a shit, il take a step back then....

Edited by Tom_

Exactly... even if Fatty does go and becombe a trained mechanic... what is he really? (no offense to anyone working in the trade) but if he gets made redundant where does he stand? up shit creek without a paddle.... and where can the job lead? becombing top in the field at fitting a front wheel and putting on pedals and doing a PSI test? nope.. doesnt sound like they have any plans of giving him day release for a business managment course so he can maybe one day run one of their outlets....

I just think that when your young you should get good foundations.... not just jump into a job with not real great promotion prospectives "cos i like riding bikes on sundays"

lol @ £12k/ year.

Take tax, council tax, rent, food, clothes out of that and you're left with about -£2000 before you've spent any of that cash on anything you want to buy or do. And with pretty much zero opportunity for promotion, you're not going to earn next year, or the year after, or the year after :giggle:

Just, just no.

qft

Anyway, i di the same as u fatty, oh ive worked with shit bikes for ages, there for building expensive ones will be so muchbetter

it wont

there easy

to f**king easy

its a job for a f**king retard, the bikes are so good it doesnt take much to fix/build them, its better to work with shitter bikes at least ur working ur mind, rather than doing the same shit 40 hours a f**king week for 3 years

LMFAO, ive started college and im 20, im having the best time of my life, in a year im going to be at uni for 3 years and continue having the best f**king times of my life, even though im gonna have to pay a shit load of wonga for it, and at this point in your life now ur getting all on a plate for free

go to college

work weeks ends earn 200quid a week get rid of the f**king contract phone i mean WHAT THE f**k how much of an idot are u, if ur that f**king skint, loose it and manage with like a 10a a month or sumthing like most outer poor students, stop text hayly or gemma telling them how much you love them both.

stop buying stupid bikes ur never gonna ride

stop buying camera equipment you dont need, you only want cos thats what seems to be kool *belive me ive been just like you*

end.

work weeks ends earn 200quid a week get rid of the f**king contract phone i mean WHAT THE f**k how much of an idot are u, if ur that f**king skint, loose it and manage with like a 10a a month or sumthing like most outer poor students, stop text hayly or gemma telling them how much you love them both.

stop buying stupid bikes ur never gonna ride

stop buying camera equipment you dont need, you only want cos thats what seems to be kool *belive me ive been just like you*

end.

I'd love to work weekends and get 200 quid a week, f**king hell. What you think i'll be doing that'll earn me 100 quid a day?

Contract phone, just no. It's 35 quid a month for 500 mins and unlimited texts, i CAN afford that, so that was just pointless, cos i know i'd get through more than 10 quid a month, and it'd end up being even more than 35 quid, AND i'd have to pay for a phone upfront too.

What stupid bikes have i bought that i haven't ridden? I have 2 bikes currently. I make use of my trials bike at least once a week, most weeks i ride saturdays all day. Road bike, i do like 12 miles a week AT LEAST, sometimes 24, and just the other day when i planned on going to Brighton on it, i racked up about 15-20 miles.

Camera stuff is a hobby, you can't say anything about that.

Edited by Fat Pants™

Right ill be honest here... this is my money stratergy... 300quid basic a month for a friday night for 4 hours and 8 hours on a saturday (peice of shit work)

* Put 140quid a month by for - Holidays, Motorbikes, when you need bail out money etc.

* Take out 40quid a week every friday which funds - Phone, Drinking, Gambling, bike (consider i go cassino 1ce a week + freinds nights, clubbing 1-2time minimum a week)

I know for a fact i probably go out a lot more than you. Just you find ways of making nights out cheaper,

* Gambling if you lose it you lose it, if you win it WHEY good week

* Clubbing, cutting down on smoking, getting battered before you go, jumping in smoker area if the bouncers are unawarez

* Phone, limit of 10quid a month, 300 free texts Genie sim

* Bike always buy 2nd hand, do all work yourself, dont buy it unless you need it etc

And i do it... have the savings account to dip into but try not too, always genrally have money put by.

Its plently to enjoy yourself... you see how i live

i do like 12 miles a week AT LEAST

And you payed how much? I got my motorbike for 400quid which i do 20miles on a day, so 100+ miles a week AT LEAST... just think more before you buy like

Several times i have seen people talking about it like it's gonna be a life job and i'm gonna live off it etc, but i'm NOT gonna stay there for more than 2/3 years, it's purely an enjoyment job and i don't care about the fact i'll have to pay for college. I may even just go straight into an apprentiship with a business (of the 'trade' variety) instead of going to college, so i'll get paid a just about mediocre wage and get the skills etc while i earn.

seriously u ant jut walk into an apprenticeship. and if you do an apprenticeship you still have to go to college as experience means nothing now days with out the little bits of paper sayin you did it at college. also nowhere will take you as an apprentice if your over 18 as then youd have to pay for your college tuition 500 pounds a term for apprentice electrician. o well enjoy evans for the first month and after that month you will think shit what a mistake ive made. leave evans. go to college. you can enroll free unill your 19.

And you payed how much? I got my motorbike for 400quid which i do 20miles on a day, so 100+ miles a week AT LEAST... just think more before you buy like

300 quid. 12 miles a week is just to work and back. And how much are you spending on petrol a week?

Anyway, i'm considering getting a 50 of some sort to get me to work etc... I reckon i can afford it easily. See how it goes though.

And Simps, i don't go out out an awful lot, i just spend all of my money on shit that i want. Cos hey, i'm 16, i'm earning, i don't have to feed any kids, why not spend it on luxuries?

seriously u ant jut walk into an apprenticeship. and if you do an apprenticeship you still have to go to college as experience means nothing now days with out the little bits of paper sayin you did it at college. also nowhere will take you as an apprentice if your over 18 as then youd have to pay for your college tuition 500 pounds a term for apprentice electrician. o well enjoy evans for the first month and after that month you will think shit what a mistake ive made. leave evans. go to college. you can enroll free unill your 19.

Didn't say i could walk into an apprentiship, obviously i'm gonna have to work for it a bit, but meh. As i said, my mates dad is a do it all man, he has connections etc. And i don't mind 500 quid a month fees.

How long roughly is an electrician/similar apprentiship then?

Edited by Fat Pants™

I'll earn minimum wage for 2 years then pay to go to college.

I'll go to college for free, come out and get a relative job at minimum wage and work my way up.

Which sentence seems more sensible?

EPIC FAIL.

Edited by TheScientist