Brake Bosters.

cox.

Its what you like i spose :blink:

:lol:

I love the fact that your shocked that I prefer disc. It's not uncommon you know, there are a lot of riders that use rear disc brakes, including Benito Ross and many other top level Mod riders.

The reason I prefer a rear disc is it feels smoother to ride, less maintenance and less noise. I hate the on/off feel of a maggy, the noise, the constant fiddling with it to try and get it to work, replacing brake pads every couple of months. The list just goes on.

I ride these two bikes next to each other regularly, and my Echo is definately the one for me.

:lol:

I love the fact that your shocked that I prefer disc. It's not uncommon you know, there are a lot of riders that use rear disc brakes, including Benito Ross and many other top level Mod riders.

The reason I prefer a rear disc is it feels smoother to ride, less maintenance and less noise. I hate the on/off feel of a maggy, the noise, the constant fiddling with it to try and get it to work, replacing brake pads every couple of months. The list just goes on.

I ride these two bikes next to each other regularly, and my Echo is definately the one for me.

I would love to run disk, its jsut that my mod typhoon doesnt have disk mounts, if it did i would have my avid juicy straight off my jump bike and onto my trials bike Also pads last alot longer and you dont have to mess around with it alot so i would say disk ***.

I've said it before a few times. Removing a booster (depending on the pads, frame and booster) can increae noise AND performance. It'll bite quicker and hold a bit better. Though this obviously depends on the setup, if you've got a crap brake and your running a booster, try it without. You'd be suprised.

He's more than right. Also wear rate is increased when a booster is used.

I would love to run disk, its jsut that my mod typhoon doesnt have disk mounts, if it did i would have my avid juicy straight off my jump bike and onto my trials bike Also pads last alot longer and you dont have to mess around with it alot so i would say disk ***.

Make an adapter for it, it's what I did, everyone said it wouldn't work and it was a bodge, I had it on for 6 months and only took it off to get the back wheel out.

thing is

you people are right and wrong

on my t-pro without a booster my brake had loads of noise and bite but no hold

put a booster on, a little less bite but hold

on my pure brake was cack without a booster, felt cack, had noise, put a 2 bolt magura booster on made it quiet but becuase my frame wasnt bending outwards the brake now holds really well.

if you dont NEED a booster

then dont

but if you havnt got a inbuilt booster most of the time its best to have one imo.

saying that my echo lite which is suposed to be very flexy at the brake mounts i ran no booster and it was mint

all depends on pad's and set up i suposse.

Riiiight. That doesn't actually make any sence. Increased noise - yes, thats a well known fact about boosters reducing noise. Better brake? Find that hard to believe, more likely it wasn't set up properly/well.

Yes i find that hard to believe aswell, it might make a louder noise but its not going to make it work better, brake boosters are made to help the brake not prevent it from its full ? pretenchal ? and if it has made it better then yeah it prob wasn't set up properly.

you people are right and wrong

all depends on pad's and set up i suposse.

Thats exactly what i said and always have said ;)

On an already stiff frame, the addition of a booster usually hinders the brake rather than aiding it. And they can help on a frame with a lot of flex.

Seems brakes are good if the components (pads, clamps, frame) can all flex slightly, but poor once all the flex is put on one component (the pads), at a guess i'd say it compresses the pads more and moves them out of their optimal performance boundaries.

On an already stiff frame, the addition of a booster usually hinders the brake rather than aiding it. And they can help on a frame with a lot of flex.

Heatsink cnc reds on an echo hifi with an echo control booster works worse than without, more flex but way more bite and hold :)