How To Take Apart A Tensile Ffw?

cai

Hey, I'm having problems with my Tensile FFW and I need to undo the lockring. I've checked the WiKi and ran the search but I can't find anything.

What 'tool' do I use to open her up? And which way does the lockring turn to open?

Cheers guys (Y)

He means a centre punch or a nail punch. Its basically fat steel nail that you use to punch the heads of nails in or mark metal with for drilling. If you can though I'd get the proper tool rather than mashing it up with a nail punch.

no matey tarty dont sell them, and i dont think anyone else does either!!!

Dont think there is a "special tool" just a hammer and centre punch, thats it really.

just remember that its reverse thread.

BTW, i dont think your being a twat, why post it???

Edited by echo_rob

Do you have a vice, or a way of clamping the crank arm to something, a center punch, a hammer, stuff for cleaning it, stuff for relubing it afterwards, and all the stuff needed to get the crank arm off the bike and the pedal off?

If the answer to any of those is no, then you need to get them, otherwise it probably can't be done.

no matey tarty dont sell them, and i dont think anyone else does either!!!

Dont think there is a "special tool" just a hammer and centre punch, thats it really.

just remember that its reverse thread.

Cheers mate (Y)

So I'm going to turn the lockring clockwise then - just double checking.

BTW, i dont think your being a twat, why post it???

Because the topic was near the top, and no one was comenting, and I needed to know quickly. And I thought I was coming over as 'abit of a twat'.

Do you have a vice, or a way of clamping the crank arm to something, a center punch, a hammer, stuff for cleaning it, stuff for relubing it afterwards, and all the stuff needed to get the crank arm off the bike and the pedal off?

If the answer to any of those is no, then you need to get them, otherwise it probably can't be done.

Crank and pedal are both off. And I'll vice it up in Systems + Control tomorrow.

I dont have a center punch - but I imagine this goes in the 2 little holes? Can a small screwdriver be used?

Crank and pedal are both off. And I'll vice it up in Systems + Control tomorrow.

I dont have a center punch - but I imagine this goes in the 2 little holes? Can a small screwdriver be used?

Maybe, but a large nail with the end ground off a bit would be better.