Striping Try-all Replica Bars.

Unfortunately your search didn't return any results.

Try broadening the search parameters by searching by different keywords or altering the format of your search.

Remember to use the wildcard '*' to increase the number of matches. Apple* will match 'apple' and 'apples'.

That what it comes up with

And the only one the wiki has is that one which leaves a crap finish.

Any other sugestions?

And the only one the wiki has is that one which leaves a crap finish.

Any other sugestions?

The bars are shot peened aren't they? In which case once you've removed the anodizing you just need to use some wet and dry sand paper and then something like t-cut or a proper metal polish, along with some elbow grease (you should be able to get some of that at somewhere like Hellfrauds) to get a nice mirror finish.

I dont know what shot-penned means that why I'm asking.

Does anyone know what shot-peened means?

"Shot peening is a process used to produce a compressive residual stress layer and modify mechanical properties of metals. It entails impacting a surface with shot (round metallic, glass or ceramic particles) with force sufficient to create plastic deformation."

It's what gives the bars the kind of uniform dimpled look if you see what I mean. To be honest I've never run Try-All bars since feeling Fletch's flex about an inch years ago so I don't know if they are shot peened. Regardless of that, once you remove the colour from the bars to get a mirror finish you're just going to have to put a bit of effort in.

You need to get yourself some Caustic soda.

Get a tub of water (enough to put bars in) and put some caustic soda into the tub.

Mix the caustic soda in untill it's all dissolved.

Then put the bars in untill all of the anodizing is off.

Take the bars out (wearing gloves, this stuff with eat through your skin) and then rinse thoroughly with water.

It will be a dull silver then. Just get some wet and dry paper and rub them till their shiny (Y) Then get some metal polish and polish them to perfection.

Your bars will be very shiny then.

You need to get yourself some Caustic soda.

Get a tub of water (enough to put bars in) and put some caustic soda into the tub.

f**k putting caustic soda in your bath! I would never have a bath again if I did that, plus my mum would kill me!

What you need is Mr Muscle oven cleaner which is a mild caustic soda and you can just brush it on. You just have to do it a few times as its less powerful.

if the bar is shot peened you should not try to polish it. it is shot peened to make it more resistant to cracks. so if you stripe it, first you will have to remove a lot of material (remove the little bumps + the anodized layer) and second you lose the advantage of the reinforced surface... not cool :