Bear Grylls - Born Survivor

Egg Fried Rice

1994-1997

Served with the British SAS (21 SAS).

Youngest British climber to reach the summit of Mt. Everest . (In aid of SSAFA Forces Help, the Tri-Services Charity.)

Bear leads the first team to circumnavigate the UK on jetskis. (In aid of the RNLI Lifeboats.)

Bear leads the first team to cross unassisted the frozen North Atlantic Ocean (view website) in an open Rigid Inflatable Boat. (In aid of the Prince's Trust.)

Teamed with Gilo Cardozo of Parajet Ltd, Bear became the first man to fly a powered paraglider to a height above Mt Everest in the Himalaya

- For those of you claiming Bear is some sort of 'pretender'. You should read his book Facing up, it's about when he climbed Mount Everest. Spose Mears could probably do that too though..

You should read his book Facing up, it's about when he climbed Mount Everest. Spose Mears could probably do that too though..

To be perfectly honest, most reasonably fit people could be dragged up Everest with good enough weather, good guides, oxygen and the required £50,000 odd permit... So yeah, Fatty probably could do it actually!

1994-1997

Served with the British SAS (21 SAS).

- For those of you claiming Bear is some sort of 'pretender'. You should read his book Facing up, it's about when he climbed Mount Everest. Spose Mears could probably do that too though..

#1 he was in the artists rifles. which is a volunteer reserve, not to diminish his achievements, but he's wrongly attributed to having just been in the SAS.

#2 a few thousand people have been up everest, i respect those that have, I probably couldn't, but it's not superhuman.

#3 who the f**k is called bear in a non homosexual context? his name is edward. :giggle:

To be perfectly honest, most reasonably fit people could be dragged up Everest with good enough weather, good guides, oxygen and the required £50,000 odd permit... So yeah, Fatty probably could do it actually!

T-F fundraiser anyone?

Bear leads the first team to circumnavigate the UK on jetskis. (In aid of the RNLI Lifeboats.)

not a slag on bear, hes great, and its for charity,but does that not sound like the bigggest lark of your life. "come on lads, lets hook up the seadoos onto our picks ups, get to the coast, and ride round britain, itll be a reet blat, and well say were doing it for charity"

much as in, after seeing top gear drive a car to the north pole, id love to be the first person to do it on a motorbike, and itd be doable fitness wise, its just the money to do something like that, same as richard branson isnt exactly the top dog in balloon flying, buts its money, and being inventive to do something new. , which is part of where bears success comes from, hes done a lot of what hes done, off his parents funding.

it's actually only 65k dollars, I guess you'd hit the £50k mark by the time you got your gear and flights. it takes a long time too. I think it's about 1 1/2 months because you've got to go up fairly slowly to start with so you don't get altitude sickness I think it's 400-500 yards a day.

I really want to do it but I guess I either need to hope i have the balls to join the sas, or win the lottery.

and what did that poor snake do to him?

They said it was a Burba's enemy... There isnt any place for animal welfare out there! Its life or death, so if the Burba's can kill as many as they can surely? i know it sounds old but really....

Dunno about the camel... really :S

I think this is lame anyway, i like watching it, but the concepts crap

They said it was a Burba's enemy... There isnt any place for animal welfare out there! Its life or death, so if the Burba's can kill as many as they can surely? i know it sounds old but really....

Yeah but Steve Irwin used to handle the most dangerous snakes in the world but respected them and wouldn't harm them. For the sake of a TV program 'Bear' seems to be killing and eating everything he comes across. He sucks camel ass. Literally.

Yeah but Steve Irwin used to handle the most dangerous snakes in the world but respected them and wouldn't harm them. For the sake of a TV program 'Bear' seems to be killing and eating everything he comes accross. He sucks camel ass. Literally.

But Irwin was getting paid to show and respect the worlds most dangerous, Bear is getting paid to show the bute reality of what "really" happens... *just playing devils advocate*