My 24'' Ride (new Pics!)

spaceman

Well, it was only after I gotten the blue bits, then my friend told me: 'your bike would look quite monotonous'

Then I realised I should had gotten black instead. If so, the hubs would be the only parts with colour (gunsmoke). White and black aren't really considered colours if you take art.

I took blue because previously I was riding an echo lite with all the blue parts.

Well, now I know that future upgrade to middleburns would definitely be black! (But too bad cloud9 bash aren't black)

Shimano saints are good, but mine seriously needs a rebleed, and front pad seems to be contaminated. Washed with dish washing liquid, sand about 0.5mm off, wash with dish washing liquid again, still no power. Used the rear pad on the front, and the power was there, so the problem definitely lie in the pads.

And sad to say, more blue bits coming soon - blue echo brake clamps (have a blue booster too, but I ain't using it). My friend agreed to swap my dengura with his 04 maggy. LOL. I hope the maggy pistons could push the pads out to touch the rim. Do you guys think it'll hit? Mounts are 102mm apart, and the width of my rim is 32mm. I'm not really font of having disc for the rear.

As for the ratio, I've decided on 18:14.

Edited by spaceman

Well, it was only after I gotten the blue bits, then my friend told me: 'your bike would look quite monotonous'

Then I realised I should had gotten black instead. If so, the hubs would be the only parts with colour (gunsmoke). White and black aren't really considered colours if you take art.

I took blue because previously I was riding an echo lite with all the blue parts.

Well, now I know that future upgrade to middleburns would definitely be black! (But too bad cloud9 bash aren't black)

Shimano saints are good, but mine seriously needs a rebleed, and front pad seems to be contaminated. Washed with dish washing liquid, sand about 0.5mm off, wash with dish washing liquid again, still no power. Used the rear pad on the front, and the power was there, so the problem definitely lie in the pads.

And sad to say, more blue bits coming soon - blue echo brake clamps (have a blue booster too, but I ain't using it). My friend agreed to swap my dengura with his 04 maggy. LOL. I hope the maggy pistons could push the pads out to touch the rim. Do you guys think it'll hit? Mounts are 102mm apart, and the width of my rim is 32mm. I'm not really font of having disc for the rear.

As for the ratio, I've decided on 18:14.

102mm? Thats a bit stupid for a 24'' isn't it? I've got an inspired whihc is spaced at 90mm (or there abouts) and i can hit my dv24's no problems with a maggie. Doubt they'd reach with an 102mm spacing though? I just don't get why it would be that wide as most 24'' rims are fairly narrow compared to stock trials ones anyway.

Good luck with it.

Hmm, how do you measure it exactly?

I measured from centre of the hole to the other centre of the hole, using a vernier caliper it says 102mm.

Oh, just double checked with the email which Steve sent me, his measurement was 103/104mm.

Sigh, if it couldn't fit then at most get those offset clamps by Tensile.

I just can't see why he'd design a 24'' frame with those brake widths. Sure you could run those 24bycyes wide rims, but hardly anyone run wides, holey rims on 24's, not like theres loads about anyway. Seems like a foolish part of the design, but i'm sure you'll be able to get it to work some how. Ask Steve what other riders of the frame have done.