My 24'' Ride (new Pics!)

spaceman

Well, I guess this thread would be very much similar to this: Joining the 24'' Group.

Anyway, I ordered the 24UK (Mk2) from Steve, so I guess more or less it should arrive by the end of April?

Here is a pic of most of my parts:

2405966098_b7612637c3_b.jpg

Well, some parts like the front brake, grips, bar and stem were left over from my street (mtb) bike after I sold it.

Echo brake, GU bash and booster was left over from my mod bike after I sold it too. Bought those Echo cranks and clamps cheap.

Rims and hubs from CRC - Sun Rhynolite XLs and Hope Pro 2s.

Fork is Echo Pure. Wanted to get Urban but my friend didn't have stock.

The only bad thing is my tyres - Kenda K-rads from my street bike. Will change to Holy Rollers soon.

So what do you guys think of the setup and colour scheme? The frame would be white, with blue-ish parts. Funny thing is that the blue has different tones.

I'll be glad to hear criticisms too.

I would be changing the fork in the future upgrade. Then after that maybe get Middleburn cranks with Heatsink Cloud9 bash!

Edited by spaceman

Yep, the bar has a 3 inch rise. And the stem is 50mm x 12 degree rise.

High rise to create more room below the bar for the legs, else knee would hit the bars, just some weird theory from my friend. Most prolly I would change to a 2 inch rise bar from Deity.

Wheels will be awesome. Where have you found spokes in the right length for that combo as i couldn't find them anywhere.....is it 32h your running?

I'm not keen on over anodising so i'm not sure on the blue at this stage - will have to see on the bike - but it should be a fun build.

Look forward to seeing the finished thing.

Nice one, respect to the man with the second 24uk in Singapore (as far as I'm aware), albeit a better spec and updated version of mine bar rear hub. Good luck to you, throw it around summerset park and orchard road at 2 in the morning for sick street lines :)

Haha, thanks. When would you come back to SG? Your 24uk still with you?

Hope to ride with you soon, like OUB perhaps.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my frame arrived on Tuesday, and here are the pics!

2457291782_f603ae5fcc_b.jpg

I have a saddle, but no money to get seat post and clamp!

2457292370_fb61ab2cbb_b.jpg

2456466269_ecb43e3d99_b.jpg

2456465837_9c2e66c8c2_b.jpg

2457294392_5607770916_b.jpg

2456480881_568daef867_b.jpg

More pics available at http://vinceinspired.multiply.com/photos/album/3

Here are the specs:

Frame: 24UK mk2

Fork: Echo pure (only model available at my side currently, wanted to get the urban at first)

Headset: Cane Creek S8

Stem: Blk Mrkt 50mm x 12 degree

Bar: Blk Mrkt 3 inch

Crankset: Echo with GU bash and zhi BB

Brakes: stock Shimano Saints with XT rotors

Rims: DM24s (wanted to get DX32 for rear, but no stock at my side)

Hubs: Hope Pro 2 for front, Pro 2 Trials for rear

Spokes: DT swiss comp

Tyres: Kenda K-rads (left over from street bike)

I've got a dengura for the rear, but the coust pads can't fit in. (N) Lucky I still have my rear disc from my old mtb street bike.

Next upgrade would be a maggy! and some knobby tyres.

Pardon the stacks on the steerer, I'm still experimenting on the stack.

Is my chain length ok? Or I could do away with one or two links?

(I'm not too sure of the strength of this chain - it was the only one left in the shop)

And my gear ratio is 21:14 (21T is the only available screwed sprocket at my side currently). I find the ratio a little too high. Will change to 16T soon.

Edited by spaceman

So what happened to the Dengura?

Still with me, might swap with my friends quite brand new 04 maggy.

Worst, after having bought some koolstop pads to use temporary, the dengura pistons doesn't come out as much as the maggy, it can't even touch my rim. Not that my rim is narrow, but it's around the same width as the rhynolite which is what many riders are running.

have you got a 21 tooth sprocket on the front? how is the bash covering it when it designed for 18t ?

Well, the chain sticks out just a weeny bit. But I have yet to bash the bash yet. I'm still waiting for the screwed sprockets to arrive. Either running a 17:13 or 18:14.

What do you suggest for the ratio?