Worst Fear Of Trials + Worst Accident

gu trials

erm... when i was first learning, i pulled a small wheelie of aledge, cant have been more than 2ft...dropped the nose a bit too far and tweaked the bars slightly....front wheel hit the ground and pitched me forwards, smacked me c*ck...and cut me foreskin...yay! >_<

So there ladies and gentlemen...dont get complacent and stop putting effort in!

I worried about anything to do with bike failure, so thats chain snapping, BB snapping, brake slipping, anything I guess.

If I didn't have to worry about those then I'd be fine.

Oh I am worried about falling in off in general, as I can't bail for shit, you see people physically jumping away from the bike or letting go of the handlerbars, I stay clung to the bike and hurt myself more. :(

rear brakes blocked and I came down on my face from 1 meter height. I didn't have time to put hands first so I came straight on my face. Almost broke nose and I'm happy than I didn't knock my teeth out. Helmet helped to me. If I had no helmet probably I'd smash my face totally.

Edited by uldis

Does anyone remember the vid of Boon?

Something like that is what scares me, uncontrollable face-merking.

And the bike failure business.

Here it is..

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Skoze

The whole thing with trials is adrenaline.....when you make something thats big for you...something scary....you get that buzz.

When you fall off, whether it hurts or not, is a massive buzz. I always find that something i fall off on majorly i will always come back to it and try it again.

Thats how i ride trials anyway

+1 That way you dont build up silly fears from riding :)

Ive had some bad bails before , probbaly the worst was back at ymsa in 2003 . The comp had just ended and we was waiting for the results and i was playing on some rocks , i had found this gap which was 4 foot flat off of a pointy rock so i had done it a few time but then i went for it and when i landed my forks steertube shattered the bars came away from me and i ended up flying into this pointy rock . my forks and frontwheel litterly went 10 foot away from me and it snapped my hope hose .

loads of little rails bails and chain snaps aswell but i allways feared freewheels if iam completely honest :(DSC01027.jpg

Edited by liam-pantera

my ankles, rolled them many times doing trials however at a point i was progressing really fast i did a gap across from one sea wall to another over a flight of steps. I landed the gap and slipped backwards i had to jump down the gap to the flight of steps. My right foot landed half on a step half off, rolled under me so badly i have a cut where the side of my ankle was touching the ground. I couldnt walk for a week, i couldnt ride for a month and now im going to have to have both my ankles looked at since they are so f**ked. Since that time i have rolled it loads of times.. jumpin off rocks etc when riding natural. To the point i dont do anything big anymore infact i have stopped trials , i want to ride but i cant do anything incase i roll my ankles again. Its a disgusting pain and mine arent healing at alll.. it runs through my mind whenever i do anything and stopped my progression dead in its tracks.

The Worst Stack Ive seen was a few years back, Tim Pratt and Myself were riding a MAD Demo.

Between Show we were messing around on the Evil Eye (A ladder frame where each rail gets higher) trying to 180 on the rails, ie so we could have 1 wheel per rail, 180 round and face the other way.

I couldnt get the hang of it and was killing my downtube, but Tim managed to get it right. So He went up to the next level of rails, missed with his front wheel and Landed on the rail with his face, breaking his Nose and doing alot of damage to his face.

I remember at a mad demo there was a new evil eye to the rest because of tims accident, was at weston park in like 2002 maybe? Chris Towes? and Tim Pratt, got me into riding all that time ago.

He broke both his wrists, because of a stupid chain snap.

That's me :) :) :P :P LOL. My worst fear now would be chain snaps. But I've also snapped a bb and a crank and they hurt quite abit aswell.

Edit: better link to that vid in my sig :P :P

Edited by Echo-Scott

Over shooting rail's,

Drop gap to rail, land that little bit to far forward on it, brake slips, snaped back on the rail.

Not for me lads.

Ha Ha! Ive had that one a few times, oo cringeworthy

I punched a hole in my face with my stem trying a gap into a doorway. I was looking down at my backwheel for some reason so I didnt notice my front wheel hit the very edge of the doorway, stopping the bike dead upright,

I didnt even see it coming, the stem was burred from dropping the bike a few times. Ghuuhh..still makes me shudder.

Brake slipping on gaps.

Rails. - Trying to gap them, wheel too far back, so when you kick you just fly straight up in the air...

And gapping to them and landing slightly too far forwards.

Chain snaps.

Hub skips. - Not that mine ever does really, but still...

QUOTE (joe b @ Apr 13 2008, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anything involving my ankles <_< .

I'm pretty sure anyone who's ever badly damaged their ankles will agree.

Even the thought of rolling my ankle makes me cringe. EURGH!

:sick:

Ankles area a bitch, i did mine on my bmx in February:

gallery_13468_1839_15800.jpg

my worst fear is damaging my knee anymore though, it's really delicate now, i shattered my kneecap and it's just really screwed, hurts to knock it gently, so smashing it again isn't an option!

Chains the worse part of my bike, I have confidence in all of the other bits on it apart from the chain! Reason being is that i'm running a kmc cool, even when its brand new its ALWAYS in the back of my mind! I will be buying a KHE collapse this week as I way prefer them.

If my bike worked how I wanted it too, don't think I would be scared of anything! When I do get scared it's more about something like a chain snap than the height/distance or difficulty of a line.

So my worse fear is component failure which would result in serious injury.

I've bin lucky so far (touch wood) as I haven't had any serious injuries, just ankle sprains really.

the Clip of James Porter when he does a drop gap to a rail. and the rail is a fair hieght up. the bike just goes from under him and he lands on his lower back.

thats scares me the most.

i was wanting to watch that vid earlier anyone got a link?