Retro T-rex

Tobias

Morning all. Just been searching around for the original T-Rex's however have not managed to find anything good

I still have one and ride it, despite its short length! Retro frame all the way!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else rides one still? Would be good to see various setups

onzatrexrhs1600x1200.jpg

I had the blue/silver version with a proper street set up. My uncle is currently in possesion of it as i don't need it and he fancied a go at trials (change from freeriding for him). I doubt i'd like it now but at the time i loved it, not great for trials but such a fun street bike - bunnyhoppped like crazy.

I quit trials after giving it to me uncle and after a year of no trials i got a Koxx and tried the proper trials way of life.......

put it this way im almost finished building up my Inspired after getting rid of the koxx as i want to recapture the sort of fun i had back on the old t-rex, a bit more of an adaptable bike that was just pure FUN - a refreshing change from a lot of todays trials riding.

The triple brake mount was ahead of its time too.......and i'm alsmot 100% sure they were 900 wheelbase!!!! Far to many gussest though - ugly, ugly bike.

Apologies to anyone who has one, but they were never any good. Even when they came out they were considered pretty rubbish (the cheaper T-Raptor was the discerning trials rider's choice) - and they're now five years old.

People get overly nostalgic about frames they used to have. In the same kind of way people say you should never meet your heroes, I say you should never ride a bike you used to like. It'll only disappoint.

Apologies to anyone who has one, but they were never any good. Even when they came out they were considered pretty rubbish (the cheaper T-Raptor was the discerning trials rider's choice) - and they're now five years old.

People get overly nostalgic about frames they used to have. In the same kind of way people say you should never meet your heroes, I say you should never ride a bike you used to like. It'll only disappoint.

Even negative comments welcome!

I still ride mine and love it :P though i do like that rather expensive koxx with its long frame, as im pushing 6 foot! The T-Rex isnt the best choice of bike for me.

Does it make it much harder to pull stuff off? I'm still learning so not that good, just wondering if its even possible to do everything that is possible on a more conventional bike?

Ill post some pics of mine later when im back from work :)

i defently wouldn;t go back to mine, but at the time of using it (think i might of even been one of the first customers when they came out) i remember getting it like on its release date....and it is true, ''proper' trials riders would pick the t-raptor over it...at the time of me owning it i loved it. Long bikes didn't really exist then and whilst the T-rex wasn;t meant to be an amazing bike, it was defently fun.

I rode with a guy back then who was very accomplished at trials and he loved it over his frame for just bombing around and bunnyhoppping and so on.

As i said i'd never go back to it, nor would i really want to own anything Onza these days, it had a time and place...and however many years ago it was when it came out, it was enjoyable. its a dated design and of course it doesn't suit the way trials has moved/evolved, but if people still enjoy using them, then why not?

Even negative comments welcome!

I still ride mine and love it :P though i do like that rather expensive koxx with its long frame, as im pushing 6 foot! The T-Rex isnt the best choice of bike for me.

Does it make it much harder to pull stuff off? I'm still learning so not that good, just wondering if its even possible to do everything that is possible on a more conventional bike?

Ill post some pics of mine later when im back from work :)

Yeah, to me it got a lot harder to do bigger stuff when I got better. It wouldn't even allow me to pedal kick much! It was too short and I couldn't get up very big stuff with it either. Just a bike I'm glad I don't have anymore!