To Clear The £30 Fine Argument Up

Fixed Pants™

Was riding in Bromley (which is in London, so this might just be the rules for London) yesterday. We were stopped by 2 pscos. They were nice enough, said they weren't gonna fine us this time, but, the rules are: If you're over 18 and you're caught riding on the pavement you should be given a £30 fine (probably to their discretion).

If you're under 18, you're given an E something something, which is basically a policy so you have to do some community service (they said, basically pick up a paintbrush). Now, if the group consists of quite a few ages (in our case, it was 2 over 18s and an under 18), because the under 18 person was present, the lot of us would have to do community service. Not sure if that changes with the ratio of overs:unders though.

So yeah, nothing about wheel size.

Edited by Fat Pants™

Because all PCSO's have a total grasp of every minor point in British law... The only way to know for sure would be if you found the exact wording of the law in question. I was under the impression the wheel size law does exist, but to protect little kiddies on pink Barbie bikes from having to ride on the roads. I expect, though, that there is a statement in there somewhere indicating that this is not the case above a certain age.

Was riding in Bromley (which is in London, so this might just be the rules for London) yesterday. We were stopped by 2 pscos. They were nice enough, said they weren't gonna fine us this time, but, the rules are: If you're over 18 and you're caught riding on the pavement you should be given a £30 fine (probably to their discretion).

If you're under 18, you're given an E something something, which is basically a policy so you have to do some community service (they said, basically pick up a paintbrush). Now, if the group consists of quite a few ages (in our case, it was 2 over 18s and an under 18), because the under 18 person was present, the lot of us would have to do community service. Not sure if that changes with the ratio of overs:unders though.

So yeah, nothing about wheel size.

Yeh cheers bro!

From what I can tell, its up to their discretion, most of the time its not worth their hassle giving out fines unless you're a douchecanoe.

No, just saying that your post made virtually no sense. Peace out.

saying if they find you or not, there not goin to do owt, give a fake name? there not gonna take you to court or anything, if they do then jesus, then people can moan about it.

Mat

saying if they find you or not, there not goin to do owt, give a fake name? there not gonna take you to court or anything, if they do then jesus, then people can moan about it.

Mat

I think he meant that the way you wrote your post made it make no sense. It took me a couple of reads to work out what you were talking about.