close the thread?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. byebye tuckage topic?

• yes
    • no
    • whatever
    • PURPLE

post-7254-1206545342_thumb.jpg

YEP! none of the good riders took or use shit cameras, 100% agree there.

not everyone can afford to bring around cameras and tripods like jonny jones you know, everyone has different techniques, if you dont like the f**king topic, dont look in it?

if you dont want to see took then dont go into the "tookage" thread.

Mat

Apparently all you need to do to get hooked up by the latest company is post some shitty video stills from a wank camera with a cheap fisheye on it and the parts come flying in?

LMAO at the post above, stfu.

ahem.

Mat

Edited by Mat Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO hahahah.

no comment.

i havent missed your point, uve given no point, im not even gonna bother goin into this, but jesus uve got too much respect for yourself, warn me all u want ;).

EDIT: I think im out of this topic also, bit wingey really.

Mat

Edited by Mat Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really get how me not liking the way that to get sponsored, all you have to do now (it seems) is be able to sidehop well. In all the thousands of "___ has just been sponsored by ____.co.uk" threads that I have to approve in the News section every day, there'll be some generic rider riding for some generic company, with a bunch of video stills of sidehops. THAT was my point. It just so happens that trials riders still over-use fisheye lenses and keep posting shit quality video stills instead of actually posting the video they came from.

Think there should be a poll to close this thread.

If you dont want to look at it, dont click the topic. Its still pictures of riding at the end of the day so it should stay where it is, and its still used to discuss techniques and whatever so its not doing any harm. Pretty simple really.

If you dont want to look at it, dont click the topic. Its still pictures of riding at the end of the day so it should stay where it is, and its still used to discuss techniques and whatever so its not doing any harm. Pretty simple really.

It's not simple at all. You clearly don't understand the importance of this situation.

I can't really remember seeing anyone "Discussing technique" in there. Just seems to largely be people showing their arses, then people who blatantly aren't from Yorkshire or the surrounding area talking in a faux-Yorkshire accent just going "nice took la" and shit like that.

I can't really remember seeing anyone "Discussing technique" in there. Just seems to largely be people showing their arses, then people who blatantly aren't from Yorkshire or the surrounding area talking in a faux-Yorkshire accent just going "nice took la" and shit like that.

They have been when i've looked at it.

And also if the tuck thread should be closed then surely the homemade tensioners thread should be closed, cos technically its not about trials, its about tensioning a chain. Same goes for the pad review thread; not technically about trials, its about how well a pad stops a wheel.

See what i mean?

They have been when i've looked at it.

And also if the tuck thread should be closed then surely the homemade tensioners thread should be closed, cos technically its not about trials, its about tensioning a chain. Same goes for the pad review thread; not technically about trials, its about how well a pad stops a wheel.

See what i mean?

I don't really understand why you're talking about things "technically not being trials", when that's not what people are trying to get at. It "not being trials" isn't why it's shit, it's because it's a useless thread. It's not even pulled sidehops in some of the cases, you can't see how high they are, the quality's usually pretty f**king terrible, it's usually filmed from wank angles, and at the end of the day it's basically just a stylish pissing contest.

Home-made tensioners, and the "how to make them" threads are useful. The same goes for pad reviews. If you're going to spend money on pads, you may as well know if they're decent. Excessive tucking on sidehops aren't necessary, and threads that purely focus on them, at the expense of anything else relating to sidehops, seem to be pointless. It's like having a "Look at my gapping preload" thread.

I don't really understand why you're talking about things "technically not being trials", when that's not what people are trying to get at. It "not being trials" isn't why it's shit, it's because it's a useless thread. It's not even pulled sidehops in some of the cases, you can't see how high they are, the quality's usually pretty f**king terrible, it's usually filmed from wank angles, and at the end of the day it's basically just a stylish pissing contest.

Home-made tensioners, and the "how to make them" threads are useful. The same goes for pad reviews. If you're going to spend money on pads, you may as well know if they're decent. Excessive tucking on sidehops aren't necessary, and threads that purely focus on them, at the expense of anything else relating to sidehops, seem to be pointless. It's like having a "Look at my gapping preload" thread.

Fair enough, but i still think it should stay. i wouldnt say people do it on purpose just so they can post up in the thread though. IMO tucking does help if you physically cant get high enough to get on top of an object. Anyway even with your points the topic still doesnt need to be closed, just say that when someone posts it either needs to be a full pic or have the height of it clearly stated.

Fair enough, but i still think it should stay. i wouldnt say people do it on purpose just so they can post up in the thread though. IMO tucking does help if you physically cant get high enough to get on top of an object. Anyway even with your points the topic still doesnt need to be closed, just say that when someone posts it either needs to be a full pic or have the height of it clearly stated.

Oh yes they do. I've been told to take pictures of people tucking so it can go in the thread, when i've been out with them.

Well tucking isn't completely neccersary, whereas preloading for a gap, definately is.