Ash-Kennard

close the thread?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. byebye tuckage topic?

• yes
    • no
    • whatever
    • PURPLE

In the Chit Chat section? Where you're allowed to "chit chat"?

But the topics in the riding pics section? Where your allowed to post "Riding Pics"?

But JT! is always right... I thought everyone knew that!

Nah, just you Jon. :P

Nothing like this though...

cls2.jpg

sideop.jpg

dsc00042pk4.jpg

Has that middle photo actually been stretched vertically to make it appear higher? His wheels and the writing on the plaque seem to be distorted up, but not in a conventional wideangle/fisheye lens way? If so, f**king megalol.

I don't know who the f**k that is in the bottom pic either, but that looks awful.

That Benito video and the photos of Vincent Hermance/Benito/everyone from the older Koxx days are the ultimate "Oh no you don't" answer to any "You have to tuck to get any height" thing.

I think people took the topic a little too seriously.

I found the topic very interesting! To see how people contort themselves to get up a wall is amazing. OK sometimes there is no need to do it, but when you do get bigger, tucks seem to just happen (thats what i find).

I'd like to keep it as i think its almost funny to see how much these guys tuck to stay on a wall! Well done boys and keep it up.

Neil

P.S. I don't know about anyone else, but i find a tuck will keep my center of gravity low and i'm more stable, then i just stand up.......I guess i don't tuck as much as some people who have their asses shifted well over. But each to their own and we all find different techniQues work for different people.

Is there a full shot of that?

I'm sticking with my original argument, and Marks

That Benito video and the photos of Vincent Hermance/Benito/everyone from the older Koxx days are the ultimate "Oh no you don't" answer to any "You have to tuck to get any height" thing.

And where did I say he doesn't tuck? Obviously in places it is completely necessary, however people tucking as much on sidehops as that third picture I posted is complete and utter overkill.

Edited by JonMack

SAD BASTA*DS

If you dont ike it dont go into it simple as that

some people might like looking at peoples tuckes nd siehops et so keep out off it othr wise

othe wie theforum would be boring and would hav boring topics for some people !

I DO, I DO, I DO!!!

SAD BASTA*DS

If you dont ike it dont go into it simple as that

some people might like looking at peoples tuckes nd siehops et so keep out off it othr wise

othe wie theforum would be boring and would hav boring topics for some people !

I dunno how high that wall is in your avatar, but I'm guessing it's pretty big knowing what you're usually like, and you're not tucked over that far.

Yeah benito doesnt tuck :lol:

post-11112-1206489251_thumb.jpg

benito does tuck, however benito doesn't post pics of himself tucking on internet forums looking for kids to wank themselves silly over the fact he can get his pedal to his elbow.

tucks are needed for this modern style of riding, pictures of them are not.

I do think it's wrong to say tucks are not needed, what i'm thinking is that perhaps people have really forgotten what trials is really all about.

And really thats navigating a section in the best way possible to avoid putting your foot down and also to have fun while your doing it if that means putting in a tuck the so be it.

practicing tucking is silly, learning to tuck is not.

There's plenty of topics about shitty mini's and even shittier f1 crap and they've got nothing to do with trials. Why should the topic be closed just becuase some people don't like what it's about. It's not braking the rules, just don't go in if you don't like what it's about. I've only just been and looked at it. It's not hard you just don't click on it.

amen

In the Chit Chat section? Where you're allowed to "chit chat"?

as jt said its in the riding section whats the problem.

i dnt see the big deal there is nothing wrong with the thread no one is forcing you to look at it. maybe the best idea would be to make it a sticky? so its out the way of the tf users just looking at the daily topics??

im sure someone will moean it doesnt deserve a sticky as there is always one.

"how many forum users to change a lightbulb" springs to mind.

This thread has got a hold on me like no other :blink:

I know it's a bastardisation of the lyrics, but I'm like that :)

Tis better than "got a hold on me believe it, like no other" because that's way too long winded.

I'm still a die hard fan of Jesus He Knows Me, such a classic. Lamb Lies Down On Broadway has got me shitting though, so crazy!

Edited by JonMack

me7stacksidehop_0001.jpg

not everybody needs to tuck...

Its just an easier way for people with less 'umpf' to get up a wall. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how you get up it. As long as you make it count by staying up on the wall instead of hopping back off it.

and besides, if you close this thread you just know that someones going to make a new one so why bother really? Just don't read it if you don't want to look at pics of people tucking? At least they're posting riding related stuff rather than pointless loser topics just to get everyone kicking off at eachother.

Edited by mr ailsbury

benito does tuck, however benito doesn't post pics of himself tucking on internet forums looking for kids to wank themselves silly over the fact he can get his pedal to his elbow.

tucks are needed for this modern style of riding, pictures of them are not.

I do think it's wrong to say tucks are not needed, what i'm thinking is that perhaps people have really forgotten what trials is really all about.

And really thats navigating a section in the best way possible to avoid putting your foot down and also to have fun while your doing it if that means putting in a tuck the so be it.

practicing tucking is silly, learning to tuck is not.

My thoughts exactly. Tucking is pretty essential to huge sidehops, but I don't particularly relish looking at someones boxxers/crack.

I've seen videos on youtube of people doing piddling little sidehops and "getting some monster tuckage". Why? It just makes you look like a retard! If you need to tuck on a big sidehop then fine, but this one was less than 3 feet.

I'll see if I can find the vid.