Black Heatsink 24uk Mk2

Heatsink

hey steve , still think the seat tube is too long above the top tube level.

why?

why not just put an extra inch on making the frame a bit bigger

I agree that the shorter the seat tube protrusion above the top tube, the better it looks. I've had it reduced compared to the Mk1, and I've reached a point where any shorter would see the clamping stresses being passed onto the seat stay - seat tube join to an unacceptable amount. It's on my to do list for a thorough look to see if it can be brought down further. Plus, on future frames the seat tube will grow a tad (1 inch or so), bringing the seatstays up with it. This will improve seat clearance.

liked the mk1 better frame looks to chunky looks like a 2004 spec on a new frame

The down tube is the only tube in the Mk2 which has grown to a slightly larger diameter than the Mk1. The reason for this was to make the frame significantly stronger (the weld area at the head tube is now double what it was on the Mk1), which was a very useful observation learnt from having the Mk1 design out and ridden for so long by so many riders. It could be that riders find the downtube BB gusset (there for bash protection) too long, adding on unnecessary weight and impairing the looks slightly. I'm all ears for minimising this feature if concensus is it's not needed (Y)

I passionately want time to show that this frame has a very impressive frame life in response to the rigours of trials, rather than hear of life being average or worse still disappointing. Since I will personally deal with any issues arising from a short coming in the frame design, it brings home that I've got to do a thoroughly good job!

Steve