Hayes And Formula Disc Brakes

lewis.jackson

What dave said, ali c has a formula k24 180 on his steed and i had a brap on it and its the nicest brake ive felt> it has great hold bite and modulation. He did have problems with the pads glazeing over i think but hes stuck new pads in and is fine i believe. And hes used hope and a bb7 before.

I was going to buy one but dont have the money.

Edited by basher

I've got Formula K18s on my mountain bike and I'm not that impressed to be honest. They've got a kind of spongy-ish feel (yeah, they're bled correctly before anyone says) which you may or may not like, and the power isn't as good as, say, a BB7 / Juicy or Hope trials (although this is only a 160). There's no 'bite' either, and the build quality is... average. I know this isn't very positive and perhaps that's not fair - they're decent enough but I wouldn't use it on my trials bike.

Not sure about the K24s, perhaps they're loads better?!

Either way, far better than anything made by Hayes B)

What dave said, ali c has a formula k24 180 on his steed and i had a brap on it and its the nicest brake ive felt> it has great hold bite and modulation. He did have problems with the pads glazeing over i think but hes stuck new pads in and is fine i believe. And hes used hope and a bb7 before.

I was going to buy one but dont have the money.

My Brake is "The One", and when I put it on it was the most powerful brake I have ever had! But like you said, the pads get glazed or somthing and the power went down. Never botherd putting any other pads in, it still works pretty well.

My Brake is "The One", and when I put it on it was the most powerful brake I have ever had! But like you said, the pads get glazed or somthing and the power went down. Never botherd putting any other pads in, it still works pretty well.

ali will change brakes by the time anyone gets one anyhow, changes brakes like every 2 days cos lever wobbles 1mm each side.

supposedly that formula thingy ness what some random called ali has got is worth getting though.

Matx

ali will change brakes by the time anyone gets one anyhow, changes brakes like every 2 days cos lever wobbles 1mm each side.

supposedly that formula thingy ness what some random called ali has got is worth getting though.

Matx

haha! Queen's English!