Heatsink 24uk Mk2

Brian Bleech

I loved the look of them when i saw the pcitures of the frames a few days ago, and red was defenetly my favourite colour. I have just purchased an Inspired and with the release of the Heatsink it actualy made me a little unsure. BUt now i've seen one built up and can see the frame in conjunction with all the parts on it, i don't like it. It looks unneceserrily overbuilt, really fat and chunky and although the gussets are for a good reason i think it all looks a little untidy. All in all i'm dissapointed by how it looks as a full bike...but really what the hell does that matter....?

As long as it rides well thats all thats really important, but on aesthetics only i'm very glad i went the Inspired for me....i'm sure you'll love it and make good use of it so enjoy!!! I look forward to seeing some videos on it.

that is the worst looking 24" Ive ever seen, why oh why have they dropped it so low?

the last one is much better IMO

Well thats bullshit, the Onza Zoot is obviously the worst 24''. The heatsink isn't terrible, just looking at it again it looks really messy...i don't mean the build, but the frame, its not tidy at all. But at least its sparking opinions both positive and negative, better than some boring silver schlong.

seat looks out of place, other than that nice.

Well thats bullshit, the Onza Zoot is obviously the worst 24''. The heatsink isn't terrible, just looking at it again it looks really messy...i don't mean the build, but the frame, its not tidy at all. But at least its sparking opinions both positive and negative, better than some boring silver schlong.

why is a zoot the worst frame?

I really liked it before I saw it built up.

now IMO it looks a wee bit low. but i'd really love to throw some 120mm + sus forks on it and see how she goes.

really is no where near the worst 24 inch bike ever.

Edited by G4vyn

Almost the same, and Onza did come up with the geomotry first............oh wait? Surely Onza wouldn't rip off another idea and put it out to production? That doesnt sound like something Onza would do? :-

Fairly sure tarty advised onza on a decent geo, why are they cheap as shit :S they just look like a smaller 26inch they dont look horrible at all. Anyway this topics nowt to do with the zoot.

I don't know why they're cheap as shit, you'd have to ask Onza. Advise/steal its all kind of similar. I just don't like them at all - its just my opinion, if you're making a streety 24'' flicky type of bike ,why make it look like a small t-rex? Anyway theres a reaosn theres not loads of them around and yet Inspired's are flying off the shelves, but as you said its not about the Zoot...back to the 24UK...

Cheers for the comments, glad to split opinion :P best way :D

It looks alot nicer in the flesh than that pic. I have lowered the seat by an inch or so, which makes it look way better. Really liking how it rides, but haven't been on a proper on one yet. Anyhow I am off to drink some beer :cheers:

Oh aluminium feels weird compared to steel :S

Well thats bullshit, the Onza Zoot is obviously the worst 24''.

i said that was bullshit and that the worst looking 24 is an Onza Zoot, as it is as ugly and as cheap as shit!!

Almost the same, and Onza did come up with the geomotry first............oh wait? Surely Onza wouldn't rip off another idea and put it out to production? That doesnt sound like something Onza would do? :-

I don't know why they're cheap as shit, you'd have to ask Onza. Advise/steal its all kind of similar. I just don't like them at all - its just my opinion, if you're making a streety 24'' flicky type of bike ,why make it look like a small t-rex?

Dude, you have some serious anger issues! I admit the stock Zoot isn't exactly a looker, but it certainly doesn't make them worthy of some of your comments. I know, it's only an opinion but... Consider

dsc02368hx0.jpg

as an example, along with Tomm's beasty black and white beast (pics somewhere...). They don't have to look like poo.

Edit:

black.jpg

The geometry for the Zoot was, I'm pretty sure, developed by Adam, Dave and the boys at TartyBikes before going into production. The geometry was then tweaked slightly for the Inspired, but only slightly. Don't forget that the Zoot was also aimed at being a more trialsy based 24" bike, hence the Rex styling (plus it was a known quantity for Onza).

Anyway, back to the 24UK... :-

Yeah i know what you mean. Your old one there doesn't look too bad at all, they're just not for me and on the whole i don't like Onza (i have owned one previously). The way they deal with their business seems unprofessional but you are right the Zoot does not have to look as bad as it does out of the box....

Having said all that, your riding an Inspired these days.....? :giggle: