Need Help Koxx Hydroxx

The Hitcher

Hydroxx 20" long states material as 6061... and the knowledge base known only as TartyBikes states it as Aluminium 6066 T6/6061 T6 so... does that answer the question? Does it really matter? Is the earth really an oblate spheroid? Is space infinite? Have a annoyed everyone yet?

the only reason was because lets say im not an elite rider so there will be a few dents in it maybee and that stuff apparantly dents like butter well not quite but anyway you get the message. Its nothing to do with the weight i couldnt give to s***s about how heavy it is.

any info one what k-alone is? be interested in the composition...and this "single intrinsic structure"...ey?

read this http://koxx.fr/index.php?lg=en_EN&sec=...DB4589685607dfb

its allot lighter but is meant for competition riding by elites and stuff from what i can gather it is weaker than aluminum 6061.

Smells mightily like BS to me... You could quite easily argue that all metals incorporate a "single intrinsic structure"... it's called a metallic lattice of either BCC, FCC or HCP structure if my part I materials memory serves me right. Good to see they only give the UTS value for it too.

indeed.... from the koxx site,

K-ALONE, a new aluminium alloy developed by KOXX, is a state of the art material formulated specifically for Trials. Lighter and more rigid than other alloys currently utilised in the Trials market,KOXX predict that this new material will prove to be an advantage to those that compete at the highest level.

Due to its single intrinsic structure, this extremely rigid material has elasticity lower than half that of traditional aluminium...

rigid isn't a material property...but i kinda assumed they meant stiffness! but then...it has half the modulus of "traditional aluminium"..has a higher UTS than other alloys, which suggests it deforms alot before it breaks...

sounds ridiculous to me!

we'll see...

adam

CAUTION:

K-ALONE must be handled with caution. It should be regarded as the ultimate “no compromise” weapon. It will not tolerate unnecessary shocks and badly timed riding. Equipment manufactured from his revolutionary material is intended for use by Elite competition and professional riders.

All i understand from that is CAUTION - THIS MATERIAL IS GASH.