24" Suspension ?

liam-pantera

Those 24" specific forks are only available with a 20mm bolt through axle unfortunately... I've already looked into them ;) However I expect you can get conversion kits but the front hub will still end up a bit chunky I'd have thought.

Does anyone have any info on the 24" forks that Ashton was running on his bike last Summer? They were Rock Shox but I can't find any info on them... or are they just standard 26" forks?

Edit:

raid_proto800.jpg

Those 24" specific forks are only available with a 20mm bolt through axle unfortunately... I've already looked into them ;) However I expect you can get conversion kits but the front hub will still end up a bit chunky I'd have thought.

Hope bulb? or ProII 20mm?

I'd go for some of the rockshox myself, they are a little flexy but they are really good forks! I think what ashton did is put the travel reduction spacers in the forks to drop the travel, you won't be able to buy them that short. TF tuned will do this for you no problem although they may have to cut the legs to get a real low fork hight...

if you're going for rockshox, get the pikes, they're well good

adjustble travel - 85 to 130 ish

lockout

light as fook!

oh yeah, and the d-streets are poo and heavy and apparently break at the arch says my all-knowing-about-bikes-and-cars friend who turned down a job selling cars at BMW to do a national diploma, and thinks rear wheel drive cars wheel-spin easier despite the fact it means more weight is pressing down on the back and so more grip and less spin...

Edited by Disasterboy

Get a set of fox forks and then get them dropped to 40/60mm. Can send the internals off to be changed,should cost around £80. That'd be the best way, that way you can use a q/r hub but you'll still have to use front disk. Would make for a nice light setup too.

Does anyone have any info on the 24" forks that Ashton was running on his bike last Summer? They were Rock Shox but I can't find any info on them... or are they just standard 26" forks?

They are definitely Revelations, but they also look like they've had the travel reduced massively (not just to 100mm on the U-turn). They'd be pretty flexy though, Revs aren't the stiffest forks - although taking them down to 80mm travel would probably help a bit. Pikes are kinda the next one up - they're bigger and stiffer (with 20mm maxle) but even the lightest ones (which cost nearly £500) are nearly 5lbs!