F1

Fish-Finger-er

Monaco is a place to buy diamonds, not race. Remember that race years ago when Mika Häkkinen started 24th on the grid or something and finished like 23rd because the track was too bad to even overtake the back markers without blue flags.

Monaco is a place to buy diamonds, not race. Remember that race years ago when Mika Häkkinen started 24th on the grid or something and finished like 23rd because the track was too bad to even overtake the back markers without blue flags.

Get out...

I know what you mean, but it's a classic venue and one that hopefully remains on the calender for the foreseeable future.

No doubt someone (schumacar) will pile into the back of someone (Maldanardo or kovalinen) into the chicane. hope the powerful merc cars show well despite the twisty nature of the track. rosberg and the maclarens need to show more pace then they are currently.

I know what you mean, but it's a classic venue and one that hopefully remains on the calender for the foreseeable future.

I think the best circuits should raced on, there are so many on the circuit which are kept to raise revenue but ultimately are non-events. What was the Rosberg quote about Dubia, "the first 3 corners are fun, but the rest of the track is shit". I've been to Monaco and find it amazing that they can go that fast round a tight circuit, I could barely see anything when I walked under the tunnel, f**k doing 140mph through it, I respect how good the racers are but dang.... its a boring procession race to watch.

I hope that tomorrow proves me wrong, but if its shit, I told you so.

I was kinda hopeing it was going to thrown it down near the end.

I remember there been some passing in other year but this year was boring.

Only saw Button go for a real passing attempt and that didn't pay off (N)

It'd have been lethal with the bump/new surface there! Monaco, while a spectacle is a dreary, frustrating race track. well done on red bull thinking outside the box as usual (bastards:-P) that was the only significant places gain outside the standard few lap pit stop shuffle. Webber definitely backed them up though.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly entertaining race and a fantastic result!! Also get a really warm fuzzy feeling inside watching Alonso go backwards down the field :D

In other news- Jenson Button... wtf?

And finally in other, other news, glad to have found an alternative way to view the live race rather than waiting for the BBC highlights.

I really really enjoyed that, was great to see alonso and vettel falling behind while Hamilton went flat out. Gret for grojean and Perez too.

Button needs to pull his finger out or he'll be coming h see pressure like massa has been recently.

And finally in other, other news, glad to have found an alternative way to view the live race rather than waiting for the BBC highlights.

Do tell!

Was a good race to watch, and a very good result for the winner! At least he'll stop moaning like a 12 year old, well at least for a while...

At least he'll stop moaning like a 12 year old

I always thought button was more of a moaner, that's why I prefer Lewis. Things like when button analyses a race after on the radio even when he wins he just comes across as boring and a bit big headed.

Perez didn't get the credit he deserved I don't think, not from bbc anyway. Finishing 3rd from 15th is a jolly good result in my book.

I always thought button was more of a moaner, that's why I prefer Lewis. Things like when button analyses a race after on the radio even when he wins he just comes across as boring and a bit big headed.

Perez didn't get the credit he deserved I don't think, not from bbc anyway. Finishing 3rd from 15th is a jolly good result in my book.

I've not really noticed these post race de-briefs, but I see what you mean. Hamilton has definitely gone up in my estimations this year. Last season wasn't a very good one for Hamilton and due to that he started to get on my nerves! He seems more mature through that experience which is good.

Perez is certainly a future World Champion winner he's only 22 in a Sauber. When he gets in a top team with more experience he is sure to do well, whether that be Ferrari or not!

Just got round to watching this, pretty good race. DRS is all well and good for putting the faster guys out front of those struggling, but I miss a decent out braking manouvre. They just wait for the zone now, rather than going balls out into turn 10 or wherever :( if I wanted a purely strategic sport I'd watch chess.

I think I prefered it last year when they had DRS on the pit strait as well, but I get what you mean JD.

Exciting race though. I don't understand why they didn't bring alonso and vettel in especially when lewis had an awful pit stop!

They are never going to put a driver with only two years of experience of Formula 1 in a Ferrari, despite Massa not being up to the level he was in 2008 he brings the car home and if anything is willing to be a number two driver so is a good team-mate for Alonso.

Sure, Perez has the Ferrari Driver Academy pedigree but it's too much of a risk.

• 2 weeks later...