F1

Fish-Finger-er

I agree Austin turned out to be a great race, loved the overtaking in turn one, the drs zone and the part where button did most of his moves.

I really fancy alonso to pull a really special performance iut of the bag in brazil, I hope he does, I'm not a fan of vettel at all, he may have some skills but they have been gifted to him with his car where as with alonso his car has quite frankly been awful but yet he is up there. Going to be an interesting finale :)

I recently read an interview with him that completely changed my perception, I'll try and see if I can find it. Defo want Alonso to win the title.

Please link if you can find it!

I have mixed feelings, seeing Vettel to win a treble at his age would amazing see but Alonso has been struggling with a terrible car all season but is still in P2.

Brazil should be interesting - hoping for rain and Alonso doing the job!

Seb Vet is the business; I've supported him from his first race in F1. It's awesome to see him get another page in the history book. :)

Man in clearly better car scrapes victory by 3 points. Alonso was just better all year, Vettel was only saved by Redbull development.

Edit - on that race though vettels recovery was amazing.

And what about the year before that, and the year before that?

Vettel was only saved by Redbull development.

Not just this year but each of the last three years he has been helped substantially by the red bull car. Not going to deny he has got some skills but he has been kind of gifted too much success just because his car is better. Similar to Schumacher in a way, yes he might be a very good driver but he too got given a quick car with Ferrari so it made it easier for him.

If you look at Hamilton being 70 odd points behind and then bear in mind he has had two break downs from 1st, taken out at the weekend through no fault of his own, mclaren ballsing up his fuel in Spain when he dominated and messing up pit stops in Melbourne and such just goes to show how well he would have done without these mishaps. Shows why a move might not be such a bad idea.

His domination goes far outside the visible and current F1 era; he ruined junior karting, and in 2004 he destroyed the BMW Championship with 18/20 victories. First year in F3 he finished 5th over all, second year in F3 Euro behind Paul Di Resta, he won the first series he entered in Renault Series too.

For Sauber he set purple for all practice sessions in his first ever F1 race, and don't forget he won his first ever personal F1 and the teams first race under Toro Rosso.

I think he's a f**king hero.

As said not going to deny he's got some skills, certainly gained some respect for him since Abu dabi, but I'd say any of the top 6 at least could have done what he's done in his car. Except webber, I've never rated him!

Put it this way, in terms of what they have done with what they have I think alonso and Hamilton have had better seasons.

The brazil race was pretty awesome, had a bit of everything and summed up parts of the season quite well apart from button winning and not vettel. E.g. Alonso having a great start and out performing, Hamilton being quickest but unlucky, grojean being involved in incidents, Schumacher being average, Mclaren mucking up pits ops and havin mint ones, force India and saucer having bursts of pace but not sustaining etc.

Doesn't stop him being a rather boring German winning everything in superior machinery. At least he's not nearly as much of a fanny as Schumi.

I really really disagree.

If there was a better driver...Redbull would have got them.

You're talking about a company that will spend a £1,000,000 to knock 0.2 seconds off a lap time; do you not think they'd make sure their drivers and the operators of their machinery were the best they could be before throwing money at the cars?

His domination goes far outside the visible and current F1 era; he ruined junior karting, and in 2004 he destroyed the BMW Championship with 18/20 victories. First year in F3 he finished 5th over all, second year in F3 Euro behind Paul Di Resta, he won the first series he entered in Renault Series too.

For Sauber he set purple for all practice sessions in his first ever F1 race, and don't forget he won his first ever personal F1 and the teams first race under Toro Rosso.

I think he's a f**king hero.

I think you summed it up best when you say current f1 driver di resta beat him in f3.

In 2010 he again scraped it in front of alonso with a superior car. The 2011 car was so much better than the rest that he just had to beat webber, who was pretty down on not winning 2010 and also has never ever been the quickest guy in f1 (see 2010 - 4th with the best car) and also was set up as a support act for vettel.

I'm not saying he is shit but to be honest he has not really done anything out of the ordinary given the car at his disposal. If he wants to be recognised as a great unfortunately he needs the other teams to step up a level and still win by a margin

They employ mark webber....

Webber is probably the only current F1 driver would be 'happy' to be Vettel's team mate. The Red Bull is pretty much tailored to Vettel throughout the season.

Without a strong team mate they wouldn't of have the F1 team champs three years on the trot.

Webber is probably the only current F1 driver would be 'happy' to be Vettel's team mate. The Red Bull is pretty much tailored to Vettel throughout the season.

Without a strong team mate they wouldn't of have the F1 team champs three years on the trot.

True ^^. Does a similar job to massa but even still massa comes across as a better driver!

well...I will be a bad loser :P

Vettel passed a Toro Rosso with the Yellow Flag, so he shouldn't been the winner of the championship..

it's in Spanish, sorry...

well, i'll comment it a bit. You can see in the video that when he is passing the car, in the front there is a green flag, but before it was yellow so it will be green for him after pass that flag, and he passed the car before arrive to the flag, also his steering wheel was in yellow flag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3otShSoe_k&feature=player_embedded

and the new: http://www.as.com/mo...dasdaimot_2/Tes

Edited by -G-

its not they have till the 30th to sort it out according to the bbc

Well there's no way Vettel will keep the triple then.

Link to BBC article

Edit: Perhaps not, look at the LHS at the marshal post, he's waving a flag - but is it green? Cause it isn't yellow... (Stolen off PH)

xq7wq2yp.gif

Edited by AndrewEH1