F1

Fish-Finger-er

Brazil, Interlagos and Turkey, Istanbul tracks are anti-clockwise arnt they?

Sorry may bad. Singapore practice underway atm, the circuit is damp in some places making the cars wickedly sliding around.

Mark Webber just pipped ahead of Micheal Schumacher after first practice session........for the moment.

Edited by Rusevelt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fernando Alonso could pretty much wrap up the drivers titles this weekend at Brazil if both Redbull drivers don't get their sh*t together and work as a team. Or maybe Jenson Button will get the kind of luck that gifted 'ICEMAN' Kimi Raikkonen the drivers title back in 2007.

Fernando Alonso could pretty much wrap up the drivers titles this weekend at Brazil if both Redbull drivers don't get their sh*t together and work as a team. Or maybe Jenson Button will get the kind of luck that gifted 'ICEMAN' Kimi Raikkonen the drivers title back in 2007.

Do you honestly think that's going to happen?

• 2 weeks later...

Sebastian Vettel 2010 World F1 Champion, and well deserved (Y)

:lol:LOL at alonso's little fist rant at V.Petrov right at the end, sore losser :lol:

Not sure I agree with that. He had the best car of the year by a long way (from everyone except perhaps Webber, and even that appears to be debatable) and only just scraped over the line...

In fact, I would have said that Alonso or Hamilton would have deserved it much more for how they managed to keep the fight with the Redbulls with much slower cars. Heck If Hamilton hadnt been taken out by Webber he would have been pretty much right there...

Alonso being screwed over by the idiots on the ferrari pit wall was a mega lol though.

So glad Alonso didn't get it :D. I agree with Rowan that Vettel hasn't exactly been deserving of the title considering the way he's acted a few times this year. Would have preferred Webber (or of course Lewis) to get it but obviously that wasn't to be. Hopefully McLaren can get their acts together for next season and bring it to the Red Bulls.

Edit:

losser

Typo? L and T are easy to mix up I find...

Not sure I agree with that. He had the best car of the year by a long way (from everyone except perhaps Webber, and even that appears to be debatable) and only just scraped over the line...

If it wasn't for numerous mechanical failures Vettel would have walked it this year.

Still, I'm a bit disappointed Webber didn't make it his year but at least Alonso didn't win!

Petrov's finest hour.

I was actually giggling with glee everytime the 'double world champion' tried a move on the young Petrov and got nowhere! It was a joy to watch a championship win slowly slowly slip through his tantrum fisted grasp!! That dude needs a seat next year just to ruin Alonso's year again :giggle: Having said that, had that been Hamilton/Button/Vettel/Webber I'd have been calling him a 'rolling roadblock' like I did Schumacer earlier in the season.

I'd have been calling him a 'rolling roadblock'

I don't think he was actually holding Alonso (or Webber for that matter) up that much though. Neither showed any real commitment to making a proper move on Petrov and he just seemed to be pretty much as quick as both of the title contenders.

I don't think he was actually holding Alonso (or Webber for that matter) up that much though. Neither showed any real commitment to making a proper move on Petrov and he just seemed to be pretty much as quick as both of the title contenders.

Agreed, it's not like he was a back marker or anything, they were racing for position and points, if Alonso couldn't get past, that means Petrov's doing his job. All power to him, IMO.

Before he went in for tyres he was lapping faster then Petrov. Another example would be Hamilton, after he was released from Kubica his pace rocketed.

I think Alonso had more pace, just not quite enough to get the jump as the track doesn't lend itself to it. However Petrov was nailing that exit onto the long straight, Alonso was never got a sniff of a move even by the braking point. Petrov DID drive a brilliant race and it was great seeing another driver mixing it up with the big guns. But he didn't have the raw pace of the Mclarens or Vettel and I still believe that had Alonso or Webber the got the jump, they would've quickly pulled away from the Renault

• 4 months later...