Crank/ Bb Problem...

Adam-Griffin

Well my Bikes nearly finished after waitng many months for bits and pieces and now i've encoutered a problem .. >_< ..

I'm using Echo forged cranks, an echo frewheel and an older type echo bashring, the BB is 127.5, but the Frewheel still seems to be rubbing on the frame, any ideas as to what it is ? really starting to piss me off :S

If the chainline is perfect then consider grinding the part that's rubbing. Otherwise try a different length BB axle or a spacer under the drive side BB flange (If the BB has a flange on the drive side and the non drive side BB cup will screw further into the frame to allow this) to make the chainline straight. Getting the chain straight should be the priority.

Cheers darling!

Seems strange... how much extra clearance do you need? (ish) Is the bashring sitting flush against the back of the crank? (If its the old type one it might be interfering a little, meaning the FW can't go on all the way... maybe).