Worst Winter Storms Coming To A Town Near You....

Rusevelt

Personally i don't see what the big story is about with this severe weather storm coming the southwest parts of the uk & wales later this evening from around 2am monday morning. government and emergency services are preparing for the worst. anyone here living within the vicinity of the impact zones? apparently some people (storm watchers) are there with their cameras and camcorders hoping to sight-see and record this event. expect to see loads of uploaded youtube clips.

Edited by Rusevelt

Had Loads of rain then stopped went really sunny and hot, about 6pm it really rained hard and hailed when i was riding :( went to bus stop :D then it stoped no rain since

Edited by Mod-Mike

What the f**k is going on?

I've had hail, rain, blazing sweaty sunshine and gail force winds in a 4 hour gap today up at Hawks Nest!

I'm supposed to be going to f**king work tommorow, it better be nice.

EDIT: Risk of disruption. 20%. I like those odds!

Edited by Muel

I just want another ride on the earthquake, that was f**king piss poor. It woke me up yeh, but it wasn't super duper.

Why couldn't it have hung on a little longer and got a little bit more energy behind it.

Mind you, more people could have died....

it rained today and hailed loads,the difference a few miles makes.

steve

Serious?

Your like 20 miles maybe not even that from me and Adam and you had hail? Bet we bloddy get it tonight or tomorow and will ruin a ride...

Especially as we are both so close to getting new builds built up.

Stupid weather man person.

Anyway, welcome to global warming kids.

Global Warming = Warm weather.... see where I'm going with this. We like warm weather.

Anyway to be a total geek, storms are largely decided by the jet stream. This is why some years we'll have a heat wave an some years we'll have crap weather. The jet stream sometimes snakes an sometimes it's straight, when it snakes it often pushes fast moving air over us creating low pressure (which inturn create storms). It's a very simple principle that I've simplified. So really although global warming affects the world to a certain extent, our weather is hugely dependant on what the jet stream is doing.

=)