Finally

riddler

got some pics of my bike, bit arty(ish) lol

though a question if i wanted to say upgrade my current bike what should i look at upgrading???

pictures-

The Bike-

DSC00009.jpg

Vertical-

DSC00008.jpg

All 8gears

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

oh and this is where i had a crack, now all covered over and dealt with-

DSC00012.jpg

The crack not to sure if you can see it in this picture but it gives an idea-

DSC01302.jpg

Edited by riddler

have you welded tht or just covered it up, i got a bent p1 frame that i ran over.....

ooooooo don't worry i have welded it up and my dad put an extra piece of metal onto the frame just to strengthen it up a bit more.

grind the rims n get sum new pads and then look at a color scheme that will go with red thats what i would do personally

i was looking at spraying the entire frame red getting rid of the graphics so that the frame is a simple red color or a glossy sort of red maybe a bit of sparkle in there and then for the wheels and any extra parts of the bike to be painted black so theres a red/black color scheme going on.

Bar

Stem

Wheels

Brake pads/Brakes

Cranks

Single speed maybe ?

Maybe the forks

Some new tyres

for items such as these is there anywhere i can look if i want to get them cheap? or cheaper than normal price?

Edited by riddler

I'd start by changing anything thats broken first, there is not point upgrading one part while something else is f**ked. Then I'd get a new rear cassette, a roadie 8 speed, something like 21-11 so you have a good spread of gears and some get around gears. This will let you have a play around with the gears and find whats best for you, plus you can take some links out of the chain and get that mech a bit more out of the way. Though make sure that your chain ring is something close to 22 tooth (cant see from pics).

Brakes is the next best bet, theres nothing wrong with v's so start by chaning pads and maybe grinding your rim. Then get decent new cables (e.g. linear slick). After that I get hold of a decent rear hub, a hope mono would be perfect, strong, fairly decent number of engagements and cheap second hand (£25-£35 is what you should be looking to pay).

Once you've changed these things (and maybe your bar/stem combo though theres nothing wrong with what your've got if your just starting) think about a new frame and forks. There are some really cheap deals about at the moment, including this and this (though the second has a different rear hub spacing to yours).

Edited by Elliot

I'd start by changing anything thats broken first, there is not point upgrading one part while something else is f**ked. Then I'd get a new rear cassette, a roadie 8 speed, something like 21-11 so you have a good spread of gears and some get around gears. This will let you have a play around with the gears and find whats best for you, plus you can take some links out of the chain and get that mech a bit more out of the way. Though make sure that your chain ring is something close to 22 tooth (cant see from pics).

Brakes is the next best bet, theres nothing wrong with v's so start by chaning pads and maybe grinding your rim. Then get decent new cables (e.g. linear slick). After that I get hold of a decent rear hub, a hope mono would be perfect, strong, fairly decent number of engagements and cheap second hand (£25-£35 is what you should be looking to pay).

Once you've changed these things (and maybe your bar/stem combo though theres nothing wrong with what your've got if your just starting) think about a new frame and forks. There are some really cheap deals about at the moment, including this and this (though the second has a different rear hub spacing to yours).

awesome cheers for that mate (Y)

yes red and white looks awsome together but i wouldnt put a lot of white on it maybe just the rims and bars. there is a red car around my area with white rims n steerin wheel and it looks mint :) so i would deffenetly go with white :)

yehhh was thinking ill have loads of it white but naaaa dont think it would look to good so maybe the rims and the bars, should be pretty awesome now all i need is some money :)

on the topic of colour schemes how should i go about painting the frame? does it need to be prepped first? is it just a simple spray can and spray it on? or should i look at getting a professional to do it?

i would watch that frame i had mine 2 weeks then i snaped it.

i have already snapped it once :P but it has been repaired since :)

also the graphics such as 'saracen' down the side of the bike are they able to come off in any way? or is it easy enough to paint over them? ^_^

i personally would prime it, a few layers of paint, n a coat or two of clear laquer? maybe a bit overkill but wud look great, sand it down before and meths the sticky sticker stuff off

i personally would prime it, a few layers of paint, n a coat or two of clear laquer? maybe a bit overkill but wud look great, sand it down before and meths the sticky sticker stuff off

sooo give it a good old sanding, prime it, paint it and add the laquer? and all this can be done at home?

what about the paints? can they all be brought form somewhere like halfords?

sooo give it a good old sanding, prime it, paint it and add the laquer? and all this can be done at home?

what about the paints? can they all be brought form somewhere like halfords?

yer i wouldn't do it in the kitchen.... but yer basically,

you could get it powder coated, but its up to you and whether you think its worth it

and yer paints and stuff you can buy anywhere, halfords or wilkos, places like that use wet and dry paper for sanding n hang it up by wire to spray it.

make sure that its all clean and masked off before you spray it B) use safety goggles! :P haha

yer i wouldn't do it in the kitchen.... but yer basically,

you could get it powder coated, but its up to you and whether you think its worth it

and yer paints and stuff you can buy anywhere, halfords or wilkos, places like that use wet and dry paper for sanding n hang it up by wire to spray it.

make sure that its all clean and masked off before you spray it B) use safety goggles! :P haha

now your meant to say 'and heres one i made earlier' :P

cheers mate. ill look into that (Y)

now your meant to say 'and heres one i made earlier' :P

cheers mate. ill look into that (Y)

no probs, post finished pics though :)

oooooo also, when i spray things now i use a heat gun to heat up whatever im spraying, jus help the paint to stick bettererer, especially if the weathers cold n ur in a cold garage haha

Edited by c.j

no probs, post finished pics though :)

oooooo also, when i spray things now i use a heat gun to heat up whatever im spraying, jus help the paint to stick bettererer, especially if the weathers cold n ur in a cold garage haha

yehhhh definitely will get some finished pics up should be a nice shiner :)