Bike Bags.

JT!

Yeah i had a look at a few on different sites, but i'm after the mod-specific one really. It's going to be on two flights so i want it to fit right nice and snug. :)

they don't look to mod specific, get a normal 26" bag + save money, or buy the koxx bag, it's lighter ;)

I've remeber they came in stock and mod sises, or am i wrong?

Link to the koxx one? ...Please. :)

Hey JT,

Im not sure if you have seen the Leisure lakes on or not, but they seem very good and I believe they was on sale not so long ago, so you still might have a chance getting a bargin:D

I believe they're around £70, nice and big, so easy to store and take your bike:)

Check their site out(Y)

Thanks

Dan

All the bags on there look like you have to dismantle the bike further than the front wheel and the pedals.

The one i was thinking of was the monty one. Becuase they're mod specific they'll fit nice and secure. I'll probably get one of them. :)

Thanks all. (Y)

Go to a bike shop, get a box, put the bike in and pack it in with bubble wrap, then wrap tape round the whole thing several times.

Then, if you can, put those ribbons/strap type things round, my Dad's works can do it and they are really strong.

Go to a bike shop, get a box, put the bike in and pack it in with bubble wrap, then wrap tape round the whole thing several times.

Then, if you can, put those ribbons/strap type things round, my Dad's works can do it and they are really strong.

Like i've said before i'm going to be using a lot, on planes. So i want it nice and snug and so i can just throw the bike in etc etc. :)

• 1 month later...

Ok, the monty bike bag idea is out of the window as i can't get hold of one.

So i'm looking at alternatives. It will be going on a plane, serveral times, so i do still want some kind of reuseabele bad, definatly not a box.

I've looked over a few of the links posted further back, but a lot of them seem to need you to remove the rear wheel, which i reaaaaaaaaaaaally don't want to do.

So, bikebag, going on a plane, needs to contain a mod without removing the rear wheel. Soft or hard bag / case i don't know? No more than £150 really.

:) (:S)

Edited by JT!

How do you go about collecting the bike once it's come off the plane?

Does it come off on the belt that all the other luggage get paraded on, or do you go collect it?

Just asking because if it is paraded about, then i'd definately not want just foam and tape on my bike for anyone to pick up...

When i move to NI, The air line just said put som foem or something on the handle bars/pedals/etc and it will be fine, Who are you intending on flying with ? :)

Could be anyone. Depends who's cheap at the time.

I don't think i'd like to transport a bike like that over 2 flights and 2 2.5 hour car joureys. Much rather it be in some kind of bag, semi-dismantled with shitloads of bubble wrap.

EDIT Thanks all i think i'll just go with a box, shit loads of tape and even more bubble wrap.

Edited by JT!