Phil Feeney's New 24 "goodboy" Setup

Mark W

You betcha! It's sweet as f**k, the detailing on it's awesome. IMO the front end's a touch too long, but I'm a BMX bummer so it's not gonna 'fit' me really. But yeah, Phil seems to get on with it OK. We're going out again in a few days to get some more photos 'cos we had Plansâ„¢ tonight, but the fastplant-to-rib-death manoeuvres put paid to them...

I'll interrogate Mr. Feeney when he arrives on MSN as to the geometry. All I can remember off hand is 365mm CS, +20mm BB, and I think it's got a 72° HA. Think the wheelbase is like 1020mm or 1040mm too, but not 100%...

Those flashes weren't "auto". They were both two Sigma EF500DG Super's acting as slaves.

If I'd have done it as a long exposure, to get the bike actually bright enough to see it would've taken prooooooobably around a 30 second longer exposure which would've completely blown out the background, and given everything a pretty shitty reddish-orange hue caused by the street lighting around that area.

But cheers for constructive criticism anyway.

Truth. Almost busted out the CTFO or whatever they're called gels for my flashes so I could just set the white balance and have no colour-cast on the BG being different to the foreground, but then I remembered that they were in my other camera bag.

Some bikes photos > No bike photos.

Boon: "24", part of the K-124 shenanigans going on over at Tarty.

It's even got "fake" Spanish BB machining too. Nice BMX-y gussets on the top/downtubes too, pity that the front feels so long.

Phil texted me and says he thinks it may be a 73HA and a 1020mm WB, but he can't get online to check his shemail and find out.

Funnily enough, I do. The b*****d regularly taunts me by jabbing my fingers whilst I probe the depths of my toolbox to find The Enforcerâ„¢.

Rusevelt - yeah, I thought that too. I don't know if it's just some weird kinda copyright infringement by Koxx, or whether they've bought out the brand or something - their 24 range doesn't really seem to resemble the "24" range as such. You also won't be able to buy this frame in the shops unless Mr. Koxx gets a bunch of e-mails to the effect of "We <3'd Phil's bike, can I buy that frame?"