Where To Find Pallets?

Daborn Meister

i was out riding on some behind a hardware store near me and the manager came out and said not to do that there, but offered me a load of slightly damaged ones which i took home in my van and fixed, some hardly needed fixing, others just needed some nails.

your best bet would be to ask around at your nearest industrial estate, or building site.

good luck! (Y)

Edited by mike

Industrial Estates are best places, Currently im going round the back of a local retail park which has tones maybe try places like that? But remember to ask if you want to take them away! Or just session a place like this aslong as your not causing any problems they shouldnt mind you riding there!

Industrial estates are the best place ask nicely and they will give you some (Y)

What we have done in fareham is asked some laddie with large amounts of land if we can use some and she said yes so we went to the nearest and best industrial estate (bookers) and got some pallets from there and brought them back :)

pallets are so much fun me and my mate knew where ther was about 50 and used to go riding there all the time and the people who owned them didnt mind us using them but low and behold some silly chav's come down and smashed aload up.and then they started keeping them inside and told us not to ride there again.

I love riding pallets, but when i go down to the retail park we get told to move on because we are causing criminal damage. And we get told it is against health and saftey regulations. I wasn't even aloud to sit on a bench ( was tescos property, and meant only for staff BTW ) without getting told to move on because of health and saftey. Rediculious.

pallets are so much fun me and my mate knew where ther was about 50 and used to go riding there all the time and the people who owned them didnt mind us using them but low and behold some silly chav's come down and smashed aload up.and then they started keeping them inside and told us not to ride there again.

Thats exactly what happened to all us local riders, but the chavs set them on fire.

I would build some cool wooden boxes. 12mm plywood.....They are strong and look tidy and inspirational(I dont like pallets). Have you seen some vids from Czettele Peter from hungary where there is a trials park in front of some mall. Pink cubes(previously orange). I and my crew built 90 cubes in different sizes to organize comps in Estonia. For constant outdoor abuse we will cover them with carpets to provide grip for tyre in pouring rain. THough they grip pretty good....better than cars(disaster). So I didnt read the whole post and maybe your hands are growing out of your arse but if you want something safe, lasting and cool to ride on ----> build boxes(triangles, prismas etc)

I would build some cool wooden boxes. 12mm plywood.....They are strong and look tidy and inspirational(I dont like pallets). Have you seen some vids from Czettele Peter from hungary where there is a trials park in front of some mall. Pink cubes(previously orange). I and my crew built 90 cubes in different sizes to organize comps in Estonia. For constant outdoor abuse we will cover them with carpets to provide grip for tyre in pouring rain. THough they grip pretty good....better than cars(disaster). So I didnt read the whole post and maybe your hands are growing out of your arse but if you want something safe, lasting and cool to ride on ----> build boxes(triangles, prismas etc)

Do you have any pictures of these so i could have a look and make some?

Joe

i got some pallets from a local building supplier i got given them they always have loads of pallets so im sure that if you go and ask them they will give you some

I've got an industrial estate around my corner, will ask my dad to go along with me some time during the half term, concentrate on getting up the wall in my garden for now, could use the crates for gaps :D

Joe

I built a trialngle out of 2 pallets and and some wood, used as a rail gap. Worked mint!