Americans!

TheMunn

I plan on going to america at the end of this year, I want to move there for atleast a year so that I can travel around the country and race my mountain bike.

But what kid of stuff do I need to allow me to live and work in the USA for this amount of time, i've heard various things like you can apply for a working visa but you need to return to your home country every 6 months or something? I've not got a clue about any of this so if anyone could shed some light I would be most thankfull.

Ta. =]

Purely from keeping my bedroom windows open during the day, and interacting with people in London, I doubt there's a hell of a lot in it apart from the accents. Also, from reading TF, people in the UK appear to be way more mentally f**ked up than the majority of Americans our age. Seriously, it's weird how the people with the best command of the English language are never from the UK...

In that he appears to be hoping to do it illegally, don't?

I'm keeping it all legal. :)

You can get a visa for 1, 2, 4, 5 whatever you like years, but you can only stay in the country for up to 6 months. You will have to come back to the uk and then fly back out.

You can not work while your out there.

You need to apply for a tourist visa, then you need to goto london (and it seems like it's london only which is great for me living in north yorkshire) and you'll have to have an interview. The whole process can take like 3-5 months.

1. you have to really think can you really put up with aload of stupid americans for a year

2. vote for the black guy

Nice, both xenophobic and racist (Y)

Meh, I agree with you, depending on where you go, the united-states way of thinking kills me, and I always thought they were really good with the asshole/regular bloke ratio. From my little experience, try the north eastern or the south western parts for a better mentality. Or come to Canada :).

You can get a visa for 1, 2, 4, 5 whatever you like years, but you can only stay in the country for up to 6 months. You will have to come back to the uk and then fly back out.

You need to apply for a tourist visa, then you need to goto london (and it seems like it's london only which is great for me living in north yorkshire) and you'll have to have an interview. The whole process can take like 3-5 months.

Ah buggery, I want to stay out there for quite a while but i'll need to work. I don't have any family there so that option is also out the window. I could just hide from certain officials and junk =]

If i were you i'd just work under the table. And come home to visit friends and familey for a couple of weeks half way through so you don't exceed the 6 months.

:)

lol.

lol.

If i was him i would, because if he gets kicked out of the country it doesn't really matter. If i get kicked out and i wont be able to come back it'd put serious strains on my relationship. :P

If i was him i would, because if he gets kicked out of the country it doesn't really matter. If i get kicked out and i wont be able to come back it'd put serious strains on my relationship. :P

I wonder what strains you go through when your 'net doesn't work! ARGH!