Front Magura Users..

streetjibs

been using maggies for while now front and rear. Got light (worn out ) grinds front and rear. on the rear got cousts and have no dramas, except for crazy noises (same pads in vees were quiet!) anyways...

Im using koolstops on front and after a month of having slipping front brake, im very much leaning towards goin bk to vees. But heres my question.. What pads do people use who use front maggie??? The koolstops are utter shite, not sure i wanna use cousts on front too... any ideas???

please post replies if u use front maggie, and can help me :D

thx!!

edit - rims are tryalls :)

Edited by streetjibs

wow sweet, any way i can get my rear cousts to shut tha f**K up??

wen i had my vees, i used a booster and that made them silent.... would it work same for maggies or cuz the pads have that bit of movement within the caliper will maggies always vibrate and make noise. my vee cousts were dead silent.. i miss stealthyness :(

Edited by streetjibs

Plazmatic's are amazing on the front with a harsh grind, not so good on the back though. Also atomz are very good for the front but dont last long at all. :)

I used to run plazzies on the rear they were insane......medium grind chris (Y)

As for your problem.....with loud brakes......set the pads up as close to the rim as poss and run boosters will make a whooosh noise witch is real nice.....

As for pads on the front......u really only need a light grind and a medium compound pad material.....koxx reds or even koxx blues /heatsink blues

Job done

Dave

i used to use cousts on the rear and plazzies on the front

i've recently swapped them around 'cause i didn't like the thought of a hard compound pad(cousts) on a warn grind on the rear!

i now feel that the cousts on a warn grind on the front are not good,

plazzies!!

they're awsome!

:D

Edited by Benjaminge

If you can get hold of any. OLD STYLE zoo pads are un-believable on the front. You will NEVER run anything else ever. New style zoo pads are just that slight bit worse but are still unreal...

Apparently, the new Neco red's which i shall be testing soon are going to give the same performance as old style zoo pads on the front on a smooth.

So we'll see :)

Koxx Blue's work well on a medium sharp grind on the front aswell though. A mate was running it for ages.

Danny.

Edited by Danny Kearns

thanks all for your great replies! really appreciated.

got some old zoos im pickin up off a mate tomorrow. might grab some plazzies whilst im in the city, sounds like theyll be uber good.

thanks for the other suggestions, but in oz most of them (rocks, red pads etc) are hard to come by.

And yes Basher, im being very tempted to be cool and go back to vees. :D

having been such a strong supporter of the vees brigade crusade!! lol i feel a bit traitorish usin maggies...

i think wen i put my new wheels on il go bak to vee, but with bb7 on front. got a 28 hole dob front rim which im building onto a monty front hub, and rear dob goin on my king. should bea nice setup and go back to silent brakes.

*will try a booster on the maggies and settin pads up better as suggested, thanks everyone!!

Edited by streetjibs

True, just makes them a bit mushy. With shorter pads as well, it's hardly going to make a difference so you may as well not bother toeing them in.

Plaz CRMs on a light grind were pretty sweet up front I found, gave you decent modulation but you could still lock them up pretty easily. I'd definitely recommend them anyway. I seemed to have a pair of miracle CRMs though, they just didn't really get worn down. They were half-way worn when I got them second-hand, and just didn't wear out at all :S

i always find if you use a booster on a brake, it makes it more silent, but the hold is better.

Anyone that sets their brake up looking for noise, is silly.

the flex in the frame means the pads (in my opinion) will slip little before engaging!?, and as such you get the noise.

silent brakes that hold well for the win :).