Bleeding Hs33 With Diesel

Czar-rider

Hey i was wondering if you could bleed hs33 with diesel <_< i have heard it can be done so your thoughts would help!

cheers............ jake (Y)

I have now decided to not bleed with diesel. I have heard about people doing it though, oh well.

Edited by Czar-rider

Say if yoh mess around with your buddies and 1 of them decides to light your hosing for a laugh not knowing its diesel? You burn.

Diesel is sooo hard to burn it's stupid. Doubt you'd get it burning with a lighter.

Diesel rots seals aswell. I just had to replace some hosing on my van because it had perished, it just gets broken down by diesel.

So really, its a crap idea.

I am not going to use diesel was a stupid idea but i am sure a mate used it and it was mint but never mind. And i had to laugh at the idea of using fizzy pop as a hydrolic fluid, whats this world coming to lol

.................. jake

Edited by Czar-rider

I dont know why 10000's of people on this forum bleed there brakes with the wrong correct stuff. For example bleeding a hs33 with water? How stupid is that may be easy and cheap for you lazy people but in the end it stretches the seals inside Basically all the internals will be ruined.

I work in a local bikeshop i have kids who bring there xc bikes in for brakes to be bleeded they bleed hope mono minis and hayes nines with mineral oil which is the hassel of draining the fluid out cleaning it then fit new and then bleed it.

I dont know whats wrong with using the original stuff besides your brake is mostly likely to freeze in cold weather if its bleeded with water.

HA

Edited by Andeee

I dont know why 10000's of people on this forum bleed there brakes with the wrong correct stuff. For example bleeding a hs33 with water? How stupid is that may be easy and cheap for you lazy people but in the end it stretches the seals inside Basically all the internals will be ruined.

I work in a local bikeshop i have kids who bring there xc bikes in for brakes to be bleeded they bleed hope mono minis and hayes nines with mineral oil which is the hassel of draining the fluid out cleaning it then fit new and then bleed it.

I dont know whats wrong with using the original stuff besides your brake is mostly likely to freeze in cold weather if its bleeded with water.

Kids of today......

The reason is preformance, you get a lighter feel and a more responsive lever as water is thinner.

Diesel should be good as its thin and also oil based so is good for internals.

Also nearly all the internals on a maggie are plastic (correct me if im wrong) so water wont ruin it.

Kids of today......

and your 16 :lol:

i would say it would work. theres lubrication

no chance to catch fire, with a naked flame its really hard to ignite diesel

id imagine itll have good feel and also not be too bad on seals

The people who ive asked said it felt good to use and it works fine :turned: