Ben Savage

grantham

Couldn't agree more.

I'd like to see hawsey back aswell he was after all the second man on the moon.

hawsey is riding for ashton bikes again. he is a rep for a compant that we used to deal with and i asked him when is he coming back on the sceen and he said that he is ridng for ashton now...

i kno he was on a ashton compleat in the interview a couple of months back in MBUK

x

I cant see ben staying there for long, it seemed ashton was very lazy with the ashton protos for the suposed new one that was comeing out and riders never got them and when the frame was wrong with flared headtubes ect and that he didnt support his riders well. Also the old ashton was very popular and with his name i think he could of gone far if he put effort into some more products to compliment frames. just my view. Hope things are decent though and some good stuff comes out

Martyn needs to dump the "Ashton Diamond Back" brand name. he hardly had time focusing his efforts on his own company let alone his "Ashton Orange" venture. and gathering by what he says about his vision with diamond back, it just reads like alot of talk and little action. oh yeah he will have his input with the R&D dept of getting the latest range of signature frames, but he is a fully fledged pro rider with animal and nothing more. Martin Hawyes didnt stay very long with the bike company, so what does martyn serious expect to achieve other than public appearences at trade show event (ie Bike Show and Cycle Show 2008) and demos here and there. stick to demoin martyn and dump the brand name (N)

Edited by Rusevelt

I cant see ben staying there for long, it seemed ashton was very lazy with the ashton protos for the suposed new one that was comeing out and riders never got them and when the frame was wrong with flared headtubes ect and that he didnt support his riders well.

Surely that's why he's got backing from Diamond Back though, so he can now get frame protos produced easier and not having to pay for them from his own wallet, so to speak.

Good luck to ben and rowan, but also I've got to wish ashton luck because even though sometimes I disagree with his opinion in mbuk and what not. He got me into trials and I have no idea how the last 6 years of my life would have turned out if that hadn't happened. I was pretty concerned when I heard the orange thing wasn't going to happen.

but please for the love of god don't write 'ashton diamondback' on the frame because it's too long, and will look silly.

and make a decent mod which rides similar to an 05/06 xtp with out the snaphappyness.

Just for the record............

If you've read the link at the start of the thread you will know how pleased I am to be included in Martyn's Diamondback team.

The frame pictured is a ZHI, not my proto - I will be trying various frames to sample geo, prototypes will be made in the near future leading to a finished product which I will use at National And International comps - a full on comp item.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with the other team members for video sessions etc.

Its been interesting to try other products, no problems - side hop still works.

Side hop

Ben.