Ben Savage

grantham

Craziness!! That's what a company like Diamondback need, someone like Ashton on side. Let's hope they listen to him and produce good bikes now, unlike some of the larger manufacturers who just seemed to ignore their pro riders and produce secondrate bikes.

What now for Ashton Bikes, i.e. Ali C, Gav, etc?

congrats to ben and its about bloody time rowan got some industry recognition for what he can do on a bike.

be really interested to see what diamond back are going to be putting out. i can see them doing a good job, the amount of money they invested in their gear box bike (another niche product) and the fact that it turned out to be damn good is a promising sign.

lol, it says that ashton bikes were succesfull, if it was that succesfull then surly they could carry on producing bike's and not have to work for diamondback instead, just seems strange to leave a succesfull company to work on a developing brand, i don't mean diamondback are a new brand, just relativly new to trials bikes,

best of luck to all the riders involved, i hope that together with diamondback some nice bikes are created, but that remains to be seen, lets face it, diamond back have a history of waisting money on big name riders but never actually producing anything! lol

lets hope they get it right this time, i know a few of the design guys at diamondback, Niel and Simon, and they seem very excited to get a good trial bike together, and to have mr Ashton on bored,

lets wait and see,

love you,

rob

Edited by onzabob

lol, it says that ashton bikes were succesfull, if it was that succesfull then surly they could carry on producing bike's and not have to work for diamondback instead, just seems strange to leave a succesfull company to work on a developing brand, i don't mean diamondback are a new brand, just relativly new to trials bikes,

best of luck to all the riders involved, i hope that together with diamondback some nice bikes are created, but that remains to be seen, lets face it, diamond back have a history of waisting money on big name riders but never actually producing anything! lol

lets hope they get it right this time, i know a few of the design guys at diamondback, Niel and Simon, and they seem very excited to get a good trial bike together, and to have mr Ashton on bored,

Ashton Bikes was successful.

They sold pretty much every frame they made as far as I'm aware, and they were/are hugely popular.

From speaking to Martyn at demos, he didn't really have enough time/funding to go ahead and work on more ideas by himself, and the deal with Orange didn't work out quite so sweet as it had initially seemed it might.

Joining forces with a larger brand like Diamondback leads to better funding/facilities to design and make new frames, so should work out well.

Congrats to Mr. Savage for getting in on the action.

Rowan's a fag and doesn't deserve a thing :P

Thats weird, i was at the Raleight HQ in Nottingham last Tursday getting some old parts for a Uni project and i brought up Martin Ashton by chance, and the guy who was dealing with me said ''yeah he'll be riding for Diamondback soon''...i was scepticle and said ok, he said he will still be releasing frames under his own name but would be working very closely with Raleight/Diamondback. Will be interesting to see what will come of all this.........

Below the belt, Chris!! Whatever happened to Ian anyway?... Can't wait to see Rowan's signature frame- I still think it'll just be an 04 Pure with his name on it ;)

ha - think that would be a looong way off ...

anyway thanks to all - going to be a great year - hopefull we will get some great product and real fun + interesting media out ....