Watersports...

NVWOCI WVS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

f**k you. I quit sailing when I went to mad for skiing and havnt looked back since really, the ONLY thing that could bring me back is one of those and theres no way I can afford one! Where do you get your money from!?

Bought the boat as it was for £100, had carbon/ kevlar wings under all the wank paint, brand spanking new main with it, bought an RS600 mast for £80 which was snapped at the bottom, cut it down to length, made the boom from a spare bit of ally tube at my dad's place, 80% of the fittings were left overs from back in the day sailing fevas and stuff, paints were free, bit of money on the epoxy, carbon etc to repair it, just taken some time - mothing on a budget; hooooooooo!

Brand new? 4k ish. He has a shit hot machine that is literally the F1 of the sailing dinghy's solo world there.

A slightly outdated one, but yeah - still pretty f**king mental!

One day, i will have a foiler...

Just like Sam, here (guess you might know him too, Will?)

Good luck with the Euros, Mr Doman, me and Jon have got the 500 worlds soonish if we can afford it. Then again, that class is dead, the boat is shit and rs are also shit in general, so another Cherub is on the cards for next season... :shifty:

Or an 800, but i know what i'd prefer!

Edited by Skoze

Intnational14 > Cherub.

They cost 3 times as much, though!

And Cherubs are 2 feet shorter, which increases the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU feeling, thus increasing the overall lulz. And they're still good for well over 20kts downwind, and have a handicap of 980 :P

They cost 3 times as much, though!

And Cherubs are 2 feet shorter, which increases the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU feeling, thus increasing the overall lulz. And they're still good for well over 20kts downwind, and have a handicap of 980 :P

If you're buiulding your own, they both cost about the same... Cherubs are definitely a buzz downwind, but they aren't as quick as they feel. 14s are where it's at.

If you're buiulding your own, they both cost about the same... Cherubs are definitely a buzz downwind, but they aren't as quick as they feel. 14s are where it's at.

Last time i sailed one, we were raping 49ers - that's fast enough for me ;)

And nope, we'll be buying second hand - haven't got that much cash to play with! Can get a good '05 rules cherub for about £3k, so it's a no-brainer really. And the class is made of f**king awesome people.

Man i always fancied a shot of a moth look so much fun. i used to teach sailing at Largs west coast of Scotland as a senior instructor but i eventually had to get a real job to earn some cash pretty gutting hobby to give up but it was getting bloody dear.

If you want a Feva, let me know. Still got mine and it could definitely do with a new home for the right money.

5 kites ( i think) 2 yellow ones, one yellow with purple spots, one bright f**k-off pink, 2 mains, one average, one very very good with sponsorship logos and that still on it (only used it at the Europeans in 2007), 3 or 4 jibs, again some average, some immaculate, Harken throughout, pimp bits and pieces, weighs about 20 kgs less than the new ones - we used to absolutely annihilate the circuit in it back in the day.

Edited by Skoze