Gulf Racing 24

Dan Campbell

Decided to do something a little different...

2242702018_971b5699bc.jpg

2244821244_1a51995545.jpg

2244817406_ec93e89332.jpg

2244815796_f3dd46b52b.jpg

2244812376_4702ab1f3b.jpg

Ashton 24 resprayed in something resembling the Gulf Racing Colour Scheme.

Only really notable part of the spec is the RB lever with original seal and around 5ish years old. Possibly the only one still running on original seals if at all!

Bit of a cheap job using as many parts from my old Echo Pure (04) as possible. Only thing I really want to change now is the cranks. Middleburn RS7s (about 5/6 years old I think). Will be replaced with some shorter middleburn RS7s in black.

Hopefully someone will enjoy the scheme as much as me! :P

Haha, good choice- my dad's mad on the Gulf Porsche 917's of the 60's/70's and I think he nearly wet himself when Aston revealed the new livery!! Blue looks like it ought to be a little paler maybe but looks sweet. Also, if you ever get bored of the Gulf theme you can slap some Irn Bru stickers on it! :D

Thank you for all the great comments guys :). Nice to have a bike that looks a bit unique finally!

Talk about putting Mr. Maher to shame! That is one sexy painjob on a sexual 24! did you do it yourself!

Looks way too good to be out of a can! :o

Yeah, all my own work, painted it over a week, lots of masking and then redoing bits. Really wanted the dark blue pin stripe between the colours but after attempting it on the down tube i cleaned it off again as it was so much hassell and i didn't want to risk wrecking it!

NICEST bike ever?

Sweet Dan.

:$ Thanks Joe!

Haha, good choice- my dad's mad on the Gulf Porsche 917's of the 60's/70's and I think he nearly wet himself when Aston revealed the new livery!! Blue looks like it ought to be a little paler maybe but looks sweet. Also, if you ever get bored of the Gulf theme you can slap some Irn Bru stickers on it! :D

The reveal from Aston was what gave me the idea! I know the blue isn't quite right, in my photoshop plan it was much lighter but I just grabbed some paint in B&Q that looked closeish and got fairly lucky as a number of the photos i've seen of more recent cars are a slightly closer match.

'kin aces.

Very nice... How'd you do the Gulf decal on the headtube?

I bought some stickers off ebay. Used one of the 4 and then laquered over the top. Didn't fancy hand painting it! :D

Only thing really missing from the paint job is a number, if anyone knows where i can find a fairly small "24" number in black on white in a black circle i can stick on the seat tube LET ME KNOW!

Edited by Dan Campbell