The Worst Music

anzo

yeah i know what you mean but what bands these days can you see been remembered like the Beatles have been for the past 40 years?

funeral for a friend? haha

maybe oasis and arctic monkeys for being so innovative but the limits to creativity in songs must be getting on a bit now . .

Edited by Larry David

yeah i know what you mean but what abnds these days can you see been remebered liek the beatles have been for the past 40 years?

Yeah but The Beatles aren't stand-out really are they - I mean if they were around today, there's nothing exceptionally good about them.

lol.

...what?

id maybe respect your opinion, but the video you posted a week or so back of that so called band was just embarassing, oasis are a brilliant band and i really cant understand why people cant grasp that. there not really biased to anyone so pretty much attract a lot of mixed audiences.

maybe you'd be surprised if you gave them a chance, probably not though

Can you think of any other bands that would then rather than just putting "lol" with no explanation?

Edited by Larry David

Well, since metal is probably my overall music choice the bands that I believe will be remembered in 20 years are going to probably be in the metal genre;

Between The Buried And Me

Dream Theater

Opeth

Refused

Meshuggah

Calling Oasis and Arctic Monkeys innovative is...frankly insane. Churning out the same tired out old chords, song structure and lame melody's in every song isn't innovative. They didn't invent anything, they aren't pushing boundaries or anything, their music is bland and uninspired. Listening to Oasis and Arctic Monkeys songs is for people who don't like music.

Does metal even have any lyrics? oasis sing about real things not the omen and antichrists being slayed.

and they actually have decent voices, i think the venues at which metal bands are played, e.g. clubs etc in blackpool anyway suggest to me that metal in fact is not real music

Does metal even have any lyrics? oasis sing about real things not the omen and antichrists being slayed.

and they actually have decent voices, i think the venues at which metal bands are played, e.g. clubs etc in blackpool anyway suggest to me that metal in fact is not real music

Ever heard Iron Maiden or Judas Priest? Every song tells a story, however mythilogical.

New bands such as Sepultura, Slipknot etc, don't tell much of a story to a certain extent, but who cares, you can't tell what they're saying anyway.

I'm going to get the Priest out when I get home, haven't listened to it for ages.

Thus proving you haven't listened to metal. Yet complain about me not having an informed opinion about Oasis?

Edited by TheCircus

I was stereotyping metal there, as you clearly were with oasis and the arctics, i believe british uk teenagers can relate more to Oasis than songs about Raping and murdering their own mother, Brilliant !

and yeah i used to listen to Iron maiden when i was like 14, i only liked a few songs back then still too much shoutingfor my likes.

I was stereotyping metal there, as you clearly were with oasis and the arctics, i believe british uk teenagers can relate more to Oasis than songs about Raping and murdering their own mother, Brilliant !

and yeah i used to listen to Iron maiden when i was like 14, i only liked a few songs back then still too much shoutingfor my likes.

What was I stereotyping about Oasis and Arctic Monkeys?

well claiming they are'nt innovative for a start, To be at school/college at 17 and writing brilliant lyrics, that apply to other young lads then becoming globally successful, and being respected by some of the proper uk bands .

I assume you are stereotyping about them churning out the same stuff, as if you gave them a chance you would realise there singing about something rather than incest and death etc.

just to clear up the first lyrics i found on google by between the buried, were involving raping their mothers and murdering them, so im not basing this on my initial judgement of metal music although after further inspection its more moronic than i first assumed.

well claiming they are'nt innovative for a start, To be at school/college at 17 and writing brilliant lyrics, that apply to other young lads then becoming globally successful, and being respected by some of the proper uk bands .

I assume you are stereotyping about them churning out the same stuff, as if you gave them a chance you would realise there singing about something rather than incest and death etc.

just to clear up the first lyrics i found on google by between the buried, were involving raping their mothers and murdering them, so im not basing this on my initial judgement of metal music although after further inspection its more moronic than i first assumed.

Okay okay, I lied. I just love incest and death.

So what are Oasis singing about, what's their greatest lyrical achievement?

I listen to Oasis and Arctic Monkeys.

Oasis, along with blur, kicked off the whole britpop/indy movement, and the Artic Monkey's seemed (to me), to kick off this new bread of indy which is much faster than the old Oasis stuff.

Case in point: Supersonic Vs Teddy Raper.

Personally I dislike Oasis and the Artic Monkey's, but they were very innovative and original, there music has done a lot to influence newer bands. (Oasis more than the Arctic Monkeys).

My personal pet hate at the moment? Hot Chip. The are never off the radio or the telly, and they are utter shite! They really have reformed the meaning of the phrase, "painful to listen to". They really are completely, and utterly, radio smashupingly, f**kING AWFUL!! They actually make my head hurt.

Give me Sepultura, Slipknot, Metallica, hell even Skid Row!

You have clearly NEVER listened to the words behind metal, because I have never heard an album all about raping and death, fair play a few songs are, but the majority are not.

I listen to Oasis and Arctic Monkeys.

Oasis, along with blur, kicked off the whole britpop/indy movement, and the Artic Monkey's seemed (to me), to kick off this new bread of indy which is much faster than the old Oasis stuff.

Case in point: Supersonic Vs Teddy Raper.

Personally I dislike Oasis and the Artic Monkey's, but they were very innovative and original, there music has done a lot to influence newer bands. (Oasis more than the Arctic Monkeys).

My personal pet hate at the moment? Hot Chip. The are never off the radio or the telly, and they are utter shite! They really have reformed the meaning of the phrase, "painful to listen to". They really are completely, and utterly, radio smashupingly, f**kING AWFUL!! They actually make my head hurt.

Give me Sepultura, Slipknot, Metallica, hell even Skid Row!

You have clearly NEVER listened to the words behind metal, because I have never heard an album all about raping and death, fair play a few songs are, but the majority are not.

you raise some very good points there about oasis, supersonic is brilliant and i assume you mean teddy picker? rather than raper haha?

the stuff about rape was on a lyric website by between the buried that the circus metnioned just to prove i wasnt making stuff up really. i know there not all like that .

i guess i just dont like metal for the same reason i dont like dance etc, its hard to sit down an listen to, and most the time people are listening to music in their rooms . .

however newer metal is shite.

That's one hell of a generalisation, although yes I agree that most of the new comercial bands like trivium and avenged something or other. However metal is an extremely diverse genre and the stuff you don't see in metal hammer or other shit mags is much better.

Well, since metal is probably my overall music choice the bands that I believe will be remembered in 20 years are going to probably be in the metal genre;

Between The Buried And Me

Dream Theater

Opeth

Refused

Meshuggah

i cant see any of them being remembered anywhere near as much as oasis, artic monkeys etc.

simple reason. i consider myself to have a fairly varied music taste. today ive listened to the hilltop hoods, nofx, gob,custom, +44, idlewild,linkin park, bass hunters,goo goo dolls, and greenday to name a few(and i was listening to scooter last night)

i spend a lot of time in rock/alternative venues (rock kitchen, satans hollow, jillys rockworld). but ive never heard of any of them bands at all. neither would i say most of my mates, certainly not a single bloke at work will of heard of them.

but everysingle one of them blokes will have heard of oasis and the artic monkeys,

Thats because Oasis and Arctic Monkeys are pop bands, who get into the charts.

None of the bands Circus posted are chart topping bands, and they don't aim to be, they're producing music because they enjoy it, and just because you haven't heard of them, doesn't mean they're not big bands. He's saying within the metal scene, those are bands that will be remembered.

oasis are barely a pop band and either are Arctic monkeys, fair enough "wonderwall" and "i bet you look good on the dance floor" are played often enough but thats because there barely songs by both bands that were well favored by most of the population.

oasis are hard to put into a genre there just rock and roll stars . . . .

f**king wanking shitting screamo.

Especially in riding videos.

If you have screamo in your riding video - your an arse hole and i hate you very much.

*awaiting ban for language*

^^That guy is well gay!^^