Rc Car Thread!

Sam F

I think he means it's worth spending £2 on fixing it because you could make about 50 times that much if you sold it.

Oh right, well in that case he should have read what i had written a bit better. I did say that i would only replace it if i was going to sell it so it makes his post a bit of a moot point.

Here's my daily driver. (not so daily at the moment until the weather dries up).

Hyper 7 with a Force 32 engine (big block, LOL). It's fun. It's got some carbon fibre hop up bits and the odd shiny part as-well. Run it on Tornado 25% at the moment with a cold plug.

DSC01260.jpg

I also used to collect old tamiya models, i've had far too many over the years. Just got four left now, Top Force, Top Force Evo and a couple of Hornets.

The Top Force Evo is going on ebay this week if anyone is interested. Its becoming a very rare car.

I wouldnt mind getting back into it again. Costs too much though! I have two thunder Tigers TS-4N both 1:10 scale. They been sat in my loft for the last 2-3 years. I also have a Mardave beetle. use to go into the sports center and race about on the badminton courts. Don't use them though.

If anyone needs spares I will happily break them up. I have a Black Elise wheel, NEVER used on the car, have been fitting and put in a box. I'll pop up there to night and take a few pics. I think there electrics are iffy though, think water has got into the servos, but I cleans them ages ago. Engines only Pro 12 pullstart engine Buts its a nippy lil thing.

My dad has at least 7 planes on his loft. From jets to stunt planes, a few gliders and a lazy bee which he made for me to learn ot fly! and a sim for the comp!!!!

I lost interest when I got bike, and it sorta became one of the fases I went through.!

Oh right, well in that case he should have read what i had written a bit better. I did say that i would only replace it if i was going to sell it so it makes his post a bit of a moot point.

Sorry Kris, i couldn't figure a way of saying it myself lol.

Ok, I have a Traxxas T-Maxx here at home. I spent a fair while earlier trying to get it to start. No joy.

When you plug the starter in (it's that (not so) EZ start thing) the motor LED lights up and spins the engine over however the glow plug LED will not light up, ever. The glow plug looks fine, I'm not an expert whatsoever on these so if anyone has any ideas...?

Ok, I have a Traxxas T-Maxx here at home. I spent a fair while earlier trying to get it to start. No joy.

When you plug the starter in (it's that (not so) EZ start thing) the motor LED lights up and spins the engine over however the glow plug LED will not light up, ever. The glow plug looks fine, I'm not an expert whatsoever on these so if anyone has any ideas...?

take the glow plug out of the cyclider head and put it into the glow starter and see if the little coil still glows orange.

New glow plug, about 3 quid from your LHS.

Also, get rid of the GAY EZ start system, get a pullstart and a seperate glow starter.

I bought a new glow plug but the nerd at the store gave me the wrong one, had a wider fitment on top, so I filed it down, jammed it in the socket and it still didn't work.

Will look into the pullstart/glow starter. How much am I looking at to convert?

Something like 15 quid for the pullstart, 10 quid for the glowstarter...

http://www.modelsport.co.uk , get everything from them, they're the tarty of the RC world.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=15732

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=27758

Edited by Fat Pants™

Here's mine. I'm pretty big in the RC world, I'm sure you've all seen me race on BBC when they showed the winter olympics?

48-3695546A67UC331119X.jpg

As you can tell from the picture, its really fast because its a Mitsubishi Evo AND it's red. Everyone knows red cars are faster.

Heres the spec for all you tech-heads

Full function radio control (forward, reverse, left, right and stop).

Working front and rear lights.

Impact resistant front and rear bumpers.

Realistic racing rubber tyres.

Full racing rally decals.

Size 18.5 x 7cm.

Did anybody watch the Top Gear RC Car when they got fully sized cars and raced them round the track? They made this thing that if you wire it all up you can drive your fully sized RC car around! It was so funny here's a picture to show you it!

remote-control-car_12.jpg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nU5la7vuqI

It’s real cool! I want one!

Craig!

• 1 month later...

just found this topic,yay because im just starting to get interested in rc cars but im a total noob ,i was just wondering what people reccomend for £120 or under? preferbably i would like a electric on-road car,4wd ,a complete set(car,batteries,controller etc) and to be upgrade friendly.

i have seen a couple that i think are ok ,they are hbx mitsubishi evo and a-tech rtr touring car ,could i here reviews on these please if anyone has any :)

cheers,steve