which heatsinks??  

58 members have voted

1. 1. on light-medium grind?

• Snowy
    • 08' Reds CNC
    • Coust CNC
    • Bluberry
    • Other

I don't know whether this will sway the voting a bit, but Aurelien Fontenoy (Junior World Champ 20"/26" 2006, Junior World Champ 20"/26" 2007, European Junior Champ 2007) has moved from Coust pads in Heatsink CNC Magura backings onto the Red pads in Heatsink CNC Magura backings since the last quarter of 2007. I've been supporting him with free Heatsink CNC backed Magura brake pads since 2005 and it's great to see him achieve so much with them during this period!

Aurelien's latest vid here:

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=113668

Aurelien's site:

http://aurelien.fontenoy.free.fr/

Aurelien's pads for 2008:

HeatsinkRedCNC84.jpg

Steve

Is there a difference between reds in CNC backings and '08 reds in CNC backings?

Also, what makes cousts worth the extra £5?

aaaand last but not least, Dan Brooker said that porter was using them (cousts) in barca (vee backings on the FRONT) and they were amazing, anyone else used 'em on the front?

Edited by Quackers!!

Is there a difference between reds in CNC backings and '08 reds in CNC backings?

aaaand last but not least, Dan Brooker said that porter was using them (cousts) in barca (vee backings on the FRONT) and they were amazing, anyone else used 'em on the front?

I think they may be a different compound, but don't take that as read untill you hear from Steve or someone who rides for him

I believe Mr Pearson was running them front and rear, and couldn't ride downhill because of them :P

He got off and walked everywhere as soon as he spotted a negative gradient

I don't know whether this will sway the voting a bit, but Aurelien Fontenoy (Junior World Champ 20"/26" 2006, Junior World Champ 20"/26" 2007, European Junior Champ 2007) has moved from Coust pads in Heatsink CNC Magura backings onto the Red pads in Heatsink CNC Magura backings since the last quarter of 2007. I've been supporting him with free Heatsink CNC backed Magura brake pads since 2005 and it's great to see him achieve so much with them during this period!

Aurelien's latest vid here:

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=113668

Aurelien's site:

http://aurelien.fontenoy.free.fr/

Aurelien's pads for 2008:

HeatsinkRedCNC84.jpg

Steve

i think thats the decisive post for me. and sounds like a few people are not 100% satisfied with the coust when half worn in and for the money as well. the only reason the Reds aren't winning in the poll is because they're pretty new and i'm assuming not a lot of people have them compared to the many coust users on the forum...

i'm sure there's a good reason why Steve bought out the 08 Red's. :)

steve

The 2008 red compound is carried forward from late 2007. It's a definate keeper for 2008 due to the overwhelmingly positive response from riders and the proven consistant quality too. Their performance is quickly becoming one of the worst kept secrets in Trials!

The Coust pads are naturally more expensive when incorporated in the Heatsink CNC backings since the compound costs me more to buy from the Coustellier family. They are naturally taking a profit from selling on the compound to me. This helps pay for all the R&D and testing they've done on these pads in the past, and it's great that it also supports their riding. It's nice to think that through my efforts combining their compound with the 3 Heatsink backing types, sales of the Coust/Heatsink pads are contributing in a small way to help keep them in the sport.

The Coust pads actually take alot longer to make since I still individually hand cut each by hand with the assistance of my old (and top secret!) cutting guidance jigs coupled with hard won skills developed over the past 4 years. This labour time isn't taken into account in the price of the Coust pads though.

It's great to hear that James Porter's Coust Vees were attracting admiration in Barcelona! I personally rushed those out at the last minute for him, the more expensive option compared to the Reds he'd originally ordered due to a delay I'd had getting the latest batch of red compound available in time!

Steve

Hm think I'll have to order me some of these 08 reds in Vee backings for the front.

Ring you in a bit steve.

Edit: No number for you on the site :o

If i order some 'Red CNC Vee' pads from the site will i automatically get the 08 ones?

Edited by Quackers!!