which heatsinks??  

58 members have voted

1. 1. on light-medium grind?

• Snowy
    • 08' Reds CNC
    • Coust CNC
    • Bluberry
    • Other

i've been using plaz crms and they have been great to me, just thought i'd try something different, and cnc backing to see if there is any difference on the lever

will be used on a medium/light grind (was perfect for the crms) on a fresh rim.

which one is going to be better??

cheers

steve

EDIT: poll now! oh and the rim is going to be a tryall if that makes much difference...

Edited by Danny

im using coust pads and they are imence never slipped plus they always work in the rain aswell. my mate used to use the reds but he hated them they hardley had any hold what so ever. if i was you i would go for the coust you need a grind though, my grind is a medium to light and they worked on that. chapy (Y)

Are they softer than Reds?

I had them and they were as good as reds. Just on a lighter grind / smooth rim. Not much noise though.

will be on magura, does the snowy come in cnc backing as well? not too bothered about noise but i loved the sound of my crms.

so verdict so far is reds are better than the coust pads, and snowy are quieter and work better with light/no grind?

steve

Steve you should only bother making the Reds as far as im concerned! there amazing pads great bite and hold weather there set up propperly or not! Mine have lasted well after a year like 19months? and i really sorry to see them go (due to going to disk) they still have loads of pads left and are just perfect! you seriously can't touch em! hahaha so yea reds

Although i wouldn't really comment about the performance in the wet as im a dry rider through an through, but they seemed to sill have good lock during a drizzle

I've been running a set of Coust-sinks for about 2 months now, on an Ultimate vee, and they're brilliant pads.

The hold of them is amazing, and despite being worn at silly angles (I got them off Rich, and he's a spacker with these sorts of things, evidently! ;)) they're still really bitey.

My only problem with them is the noise! I'm one of these weirdos that loves a quiet brake you see, a bit of a silence pervert.

If Steve was to get his hands on a compound with similar bite/hold, but less of the screams of death, it's be game over for new compounds.

Also had the opportunity to try out a set of Red pads, again on the ultimate, with CNC backings, and was equally impressed. Actually, looking back, they may have been ever so slightly quieter, so maybe I'll try those again if these cousts ever wear!

i can see where the thread is leading. red pads for a harsher grind (=more noise)

coust pads for medium/light grinds?

sounds like i may be getting the coust..i just need to be convinced more by the vote.

steve

if u need convincing ak anyone who has ridden my bike or my mates bike!

cousts are really loud if u want them to be! and the super stiff! and only 15 quid once uv got the backings!

I voted Coust CNC, I had a set a while back on my simtra on a koxx rim, and I have to say it must have been one of the best brakes I have ever used, and it must have been the best brake I have ever used in the wet, seriously good! although maybe abit loud....

I am going back to that setup when i sort a new frame out.

Ada,

when i used snowies, for about 4 months, they were brilliant, not as grabby as cousts and not AS loud. but with enough bite, loads of hold and enough of a squeak to let you know they were working they were great. i ran them smooth to start and then only put a light sharp grind on because i wanted them to work in the wet. defo dont need any more than a light but sharp grind.