Oli's Mini Build Thread!

Matt_Tupman

You would be dealing with locked doors and an answerphone!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should all write letters of dissatisfaction to the company. If everyone is willing to pay for a stamp thats a hell of a lot of letters.

Really is a shame that some people are so inconsiderate, I hope you get somewhere with the court action and get some extra for the inconvenience they caused.

Frooty

We should all write letters of dissatisfaction to the company. If everyone is willing to pay for a stamp thats a hell of a lot of letters.

Really is a shame that some people are so inconsiderate, I hope you get somewhere with the court action and get some extra for the inconvenience they caused.

Frooty

Letter wouldnt do much as i doubt they'd even read them after third one and just bin them. Best thing to do is to make sure the whole mini community knows about it, through forums, meets, track days ect

Letter wouldnt do much as i doubt they'd even read them after third one and just bin them. Best thing to do is to make sure the whole mini community knows about it, through forums, meets, track days ect

You'd have thought Morspeed cared about the reputation with people giving them a lot of jip on the mini forums, you'd be wrong....

Terrible news, as much as i'd like to hear Morspeed's side of it I can't see how they can possibly justify the mistakes and delay. Drag their name through the mud! They may not care what people think of them but they will care when they run out of customers.

You've got as good an idea on that one as I have...

Sucks about the engine lads, I know Oli was very keen on this engine. Atleast you have all the parts to make the engine come alive!

pioneer

round at prawns at the weekend and daddy prawn was showing us these videos of the engine after tic asked 'so whats wrong with it?' and its raped, the guy has just bodged an engine together, using fuct bits. its just raped.

• 3 months later...
would be good to hear some news on where the project stands....

Dito. Would be cool to hear about it if theres anything going on. Or even if not.

I tried a while ago to follow all the links on TMF but it was amazingly confusing, just nothing but more links saying "more info her" until I eventually hit a dead end.

Edited by RobinJI

Nothing to report at the moment I'm afraid guys, the best I can say is that things are 'on going' as far as the engine is concerned......

As for finding posts on tmf, go to General chat, and it's a sticky at the top of the page. That's the only thread still live on TMF.

I promise you we will update you all as soon as we have any good news!

Nothing to report at the moment I'm afraid guys, the best I can say is that things are 'on going' as far as the engine is concerned......

As for finding posts on tmf, go to General chat, and it's a sticky at the top of the page. That's the only thread still live on TMF.

I promise you we will update you all as soon as we have any good news!

Awesome Nick, Think Danny told me the new plan on an engine for it, which should be mega good if it goes through!! :D

Ah right, fair enough, I just found a link in there somewhere that wasn't active any more and wasn't sure if there was more going on that I'd missed.

Cheers for the update anyway.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I dont know what foums we are still allowed to use "said companys" name on so i wont sy it here.

Either way they are discracefull, I remembr all the hype about this on TMF when a worker or owner of "said company" got very out of line.

should be ashamed, hope all works out well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

hey guys, sorry I've missed these updates.

No real news to report I'm very sad to say,

From what I understand, Carol has spent countless money on Balifs fees and all sorts trying to recover costs from Simon, and every time he's managed to squirm out of it somehow, claiming he owns nothing, putting stuff in other peoples units, all sorts. So money down the drain and nothing to show for it for all the trouble, court trips, solicitors, just endless sadness.

The tupmans have done loads of work on the shell, but at present, it sits in their secure storage, awaiting a decision on the engine.

Sad times for all involved :( Still not a day goes past when i don't think of Oli :(

Sounds like a bit of a scumbag...

Is there still talk of just wacking a standard/lower spec engine in there? Would be a shame but at least it would be moving I guess. Having said that, I don't think I would. It would be like giving up and taking the easy option, IMO if you guys were to stick with the legal stuff or to stump up yet more cash, or get funding from somewhere else then the build would mean more in a way. It wouldn't just be Oli's mini, it'd be Oli's mini that got finished even after 5 years of heartache. That said though, you've been through enough now and I'm sure Oli wouldn't mind too much if it ended up a lower spec than he intended, you've tried enough already!