Why Do I Love Making Things So Much?

Al_Fel

For some reason i'm at my happiest when i'm making/building something. I can't get enough of messing with my bike. I find myself wanting to just build trials bikes one minute I want to be setting up disc brakes the next I want to be fitting V brakes. I just love tinkering with bikes. Trials for me has probably been more about messing with my bike than actually riding it.

Anyone else feel like this?

Yeh me to my bike just cant stay the same well frame forks ect but little bits im always changing around and trying new stuff i just love messing with my bike...i do it quite alot..look for new cheap bits ect :D

I've always taken things apart, even when I was little.

If something breaks, I'll try and tinker about with it too see if I can fix it... Usually I get it apart and have no idea how it works. :P

Sometimes I like fiddling about with my bike, but then when something just doesn't wanna work I get pissed off and leave it.

It's all working nicely now..so I daren't touch it. :ermm:

ah, mechanics

i like it

but i'm not AMAZING at it

just ok

but i enjoy it until something gets a lil difficult and then i get annoyed =[

but so would you be annoyed if your trashed BB was fused to the shell of your bike with no way of removing it

:lol:

There's always a way ha ha. I've just dug out all my old lego so I can stick it on ebay but i've started playing with it and want to keep it now ha ha ha.

There's always a way ha ha. I've just dug out all my old lego so I can stick it on ebay but i've started playing with it and want to keep it now ha ha ha.

legos f**king awsome! I started playing with some the other day, my old technics set. Was proper fun!.

I love making things, Its good fun. And theres always that sence of acheivment at the end.

werd, i used to spend a good 2 or 3 hours before a ride making sure everything worked flawlessly on my bike.. and bythe time everything had bed in again after a few hours of riding later that day my bike used to be set up to pureeee perfection. Then a few more rides and it would get ever better.. then suddenly something f**ks up and you start over again....

f**kn love it.

But nowerdays i pump up tyres and thats it.. everything is loose and shagged on my bike but ah well

It could be a function of evolution whereby you are involved in the process which, under other circumstances, may have led to the production of a technology that helped you survive. Pleasure in an activity means participation in an activity which means produce from an activity.

Imagine the caveman who gets pleasure from thinking about and then producing the ax which allows him to knock down a tree and build a canoe to get over to the island with all the plump animals for munching on.

Basically, your pleasure may be an expression of a mechanism that previously aided our survival. Perhaps.

For some reason i'm at my happiest when i'm making/building something. I can't get enough of messing with my bike. I find myself wanting to just build trials bikes one minute I want to be setting up disc brakes the next I want to be fitting V brakes. I just love tinkering with bikes. Trials for me has probably been more about messing with my bike than actually riding it.

Anyone else feel like this?

I absolutely love it, I can't stand riding a bike I'm used to, I need to fiddle with my bar position all the time.

I havn't spent any money on my bike for a few months since I finished making the disc adapter mount thingy and then got the rear wheel sorted.

I have very, VERY big plans ahead, pics up by this time next week hopefully....