Best Places To Ride In Europe

Alastair

Hey guys, Me and my mate really like what Michael Singleton is doing and want to do something similar, but visit differant countries. The places we had in mind, or that we would like to go to are:

Scandinavia : Sweden, Finland, Norway Denmark etc

Eastern European: Czech Rep, Romania, Slovakia, Russia (but that looks unlikley) Ukraine and any others.

Central Europe: Switzerland (liechtenstein), Austria.

Obviously we wont even go to a quarter of them but we need to pick some out of that which are the best, either street or natural.

Also any info about biking in these coutries, travelling, local expenses would be welcome, as its just an idea we have so we could be swayed both ways. Our origional idea is to travel by train, and i have looked up on Interrail and that should help.

Cheers

Al

Get yourself on some alternative forums and see what you can find out there would be my only thought.

To be honest I think its fair to say all countries in europe have cities/towns/villages with hundreds of great places to ride. Take just the county of Hampshire, I bet there is a good days riding to be had in atleast 15 places eg Southhampton, Basingstoke etc etc. So I reacon the best way about it is to see which countries are the best in other respects, for example: Price, culture, personal interest, if you know someone there etc.

Just what I reacon

Phil

Scandinavia : Sweden, Finland, Norway Denmark etc

I'd be pleased to show you around, but don't pick Denmark for either natual nor street. we have some though.

+ im pretty much the only trials rider left. the biking scene in DK (except XC, 24hour and cyclocross) is low low low.

but theres alot of other interesting things here.

Ok I lived in france and i still got some mates riding overthere

If you want some street its really good in " les yveline" and the town is called " st Quentin en yveline" its about 40 min car from the intrance of paris

I would advise you to have a ride in paris and then maybe go to " le buthier" Koxx place for some amazing riding

Pm if you want more info

Buthier & le tour de scay in france

anywhere in spain!

Thalheim and melsungen in germany

Kungsbacka,alingsas,area 51 in sweden

Kutna hora and blansko in czech

Those are some of the places ive been to over the years, in the areas youve asked about.

But if i was you, just jump on a plane with your bike, and go exploring!!

Scott

So far i think we are wanting to go to Aaslund in Norway, Gothenburg in sweden, Copenhagen.

I would like to know details about Area 51 in sweden, for example where is it? Would we be able to go.

Still open for suggestions guys.

I think we are aiming to go late june to maybe august.