Richard Hammond Meets Evel Knieval

Egg Fried Rice

Evel really was on his last legs when they were filming this :(. Never been interested in him to be honest but it's stil lsad to see him keep having to cut interviews short to go back to his care home. Lmao at the guy staying at the same hotel as hammond "Oh I'm sorry did I leave my door open? We're filming a documentary,are you staying here ?." "No I'm down here. *points to room*" "I didn't mean actually here..it's a mat." Lol funny folke.

He was good and he knows it, which is probably why he was so cocky

I don't think he was that good... at all. The guy had massive balls and no fear but his technical ability was truly shocking. There was no thought into any of his jumps (i.e. trajectory, speed, bike setup), he just hit the ramps and that's it. Didn't even use the brakes or throttle to try and sort the bike out in the air. To be honest he was, well, a bit crap. A total legend of course but made a huge name for himself out of nothing I'd say.

Seems like one seriously messed up character as well. Ah well, made for good viewing nonetheless.

what a big headed old man he has made a few achivements (and crashes) in his life but he obviously thinks hes the best

He was, he was the first man to do anything like that, and you have to remember the bike he was doing it on, not a YZF450 or whatever, a Harley Davidson which weighed at least twice as much as the modern bikes.

And he was the first guy to do it.

If you read his bio on wiki it shows he was always a bit of a twat...

"Knievel did very well as an insurance salesman (even selling insurance policies to several institutionalized mental patients) and wanted recognition for his efforts. When the company refused to promote him to vice-president after a few months on the job, he quit."

Seems he was always just trying to con people to make money, what a fanny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evel_Knievel

Ye i watched that film and i relised how grumpy the guy is :ermm:

Wouldn't you if you were in his condition?

And as if he had a stroke 48 hours before hammond even arrived!!.

Maybe he could be a funny sod but he made what freestyle motorcross is today. Legend!

Edited by crazy_gap girl